Will My Implant Fall into the Empty Area? (photo)

I had 380 cc saline over the muscle taken out on May 15th. Then on June 7th I had 200 cc silicone under the muscle put in. I have scoliosis, so my right rib cage is wider. My doctor said he had to inset my implant so that I would have even cleavage but now I have a concave area on right bottom breast. I can pick up the loose skin and the breasts look pretty normal. Will the implant fall into the empty area and stretch that skin to normal. Is there a noninvasive way to fix this?

Your muscle will need to relax to allow the implant to form that area

+2

I have actually had a similar patient not too long ago.  If your subglandular pocket capsule is normal and not overtly restrictive then as your muscle relaxes your implant should fill out that area.  If it does not it will be because the muscle is under-released, the previous capsule is too tight, and/or the implant is a little too small.  Give it some time as it is early and take comfort in the fact that revision of the area if needed is relatively straight forward.

Dr Remus Repta

Implant Dropping

+1

It can take 4 to 5 weeks for an implant to fully drop, and that can be expedited with proper downward breast massages.  If the implant does not drop and your symmetry does not improve, the only solution is additional surgery to revise that aspect of the implant pocket to allow the implant to sit properly.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Bad Breast Asymmetry

+1

I am sorry for your trouble with your implant surgery.  In my opinion, you needed a larger implant in the subpectoral pocket.  Implants can and do settle.  I feel that if your implants settle you will still have asymmetry.  There are no noninvasive methods to correct your asymmetry.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

What Does It Mean when a Nose Divet Appears Approx. 4 Months After Surgery?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Very hard to advise at 1 month only. But I might consider aggressive exercises of the right implant to allow the pocket to open more inferiorly. If this does not help than I might offer fat grafting to the "empty" space. 

Breast Implants Settling after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It seems that the area of concern has improved from week 2 to week 4  postoperatively. This leads me to believe that continued improvement is probable. Implants do tend to “settle” for a few months after surgery, depending on exactly what type/size of breast implant “pocket” is dissected. Ask your surgeon if he advises massage to help the breast implant fill in the lower pole of the breast ( that is currently concave).  Otherwise there is no noninvasive way to improve this situation.

Hopefully you will be please with the final results of your revision breast surgery.