Droopy, Paralyzed Eyebrow?

I suffered nerve damage to the right side of my face after a car accident. This has caused my right eyebrow to be much lower than my left, and I'm unable to raise my right eyebrow as high. Because of this my face is severly asymmetrical. I have read that smoking marijuana may help make the nerves strong, and that may help with the asymmetry. Is this true? What other things would help my condition? This has caused extreme depression and anxiety. Thank you.

Consider Botox and brow lift options for paralytic brow asymmetry

+1

You should consult a facial plastic surgeon about the options of using Botox for the opposite side vs lifting the paralyzed brow with surgery. There are several approaches for the latter, which may offer better long term results. You should wait 18- 24 months for nerve recovery before any surgery. Marijuana will not help this condition.

Web reference: http://www.specialface.com

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven brow position

+1

the lower side can be raised and the other treated with botox  or the nerve permantly cut..   both should improve symmetry

Asymmetry

+1

An option is to paralyse the opposite side for more symmetry. Smoking marijuana will not help this problem

Droopy brow after injury

+1

I am sorry to hear about your accident. Generally nerve recovery can take up to 18 months. There are no treatments that I know of to speed this process. If your concern is asymmetry, you can treat the non-paralized side with Botox to balance the muscles while you are waiting. Otherwise, there are more complicated surgical treatments for permanent nerve injury that you should discuss with your surgeon. Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Paralyzed brow

+1

If you have permanent damage to the frontal nerve branch then sometimes a unilateral brow lift can be helpful to provide better symmetry.

Frontal Nerve Branch Damage

+1

If the injury was within 18 months or so, a nerve graft can be used to reestablish function, but this is a more specialized procedure than the brow lift or Botox that has been suggested.

Facial Paralysis

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and resulting injury.  There are some things that can be done to improve your condition but it depends on the current status of your eyebrow.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in improving your condition.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/procedures2/facialnerveparalysis

Forehead paralysis

+1

First, marijuana will be of no help. Your paralysis is related to an injury to the Frontal branch of the facial nerve. You did not say the mode of injury.  If it was related to a contusion (not a cut) there is a good chance it will get better on its own. Nerves heal very slowly and I would wait 6 to 12 months. If there is no change then I would consider a unilateral Brow Lift. Your surgeon can explain how this works if you elected to proceed. Hope this helps.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Traumatic Nerve Injury?

+1

I am so sorry to hear about your incident. If you truly have unilateral paralysis of the frontalis muscle (i.e. cannot raise one side of your eyebrows upwards) then, most likely their was trauma to the nerves to your face. This certainly could be confirmed by a Neurologist. If the condition is over 6 months duration it is unlikely that the function will return.
 There is hope but, it is not Marijuana. A simple procedure called a Foreheadplasty could permanently suspend your brow/ eyebrow to give you better symmetry at rest/ repose. Consider seen a Neurologist first and then, a plastic surgeon if your condition is confirmed. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Marijuana is useless

+1

You will get no change in your brow position or nerve damage from Marijuana. If the brow position is severely asymmetric, it is unlikely that botox will significantly improve your condition either. Photos would be helpful to determine the extent of the asymmetry and whether a surgical approach might be beneficial for you.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon