Droopy Tip 4 Months Post Surgery, Is this Most Likely the Final Result?

Hi, I had an open rhinoplasty done 4 mths to correct a slight bump, droopy tip and breathing. My nose looks very straight and narrow however the tip is still drooping. the droopiness is not as bad as before but its still evident. My question is, is there a chance that the tip will lift in the next 6 months or so? becuase it looks really droopy especially at night and in photos because of the shadows. I really dont want to have a revision thanks christina

Tip droop at 4 months

+1

4 months post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Drooping Tip 4 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry Christina but it is very unlikely that your droopy tip will improve as healing progresses. A revision will probably be necessary but the surgery will be easier and the recovery significantly shorter than a patient experiences with a full rhinoplasty.

+1

Although healing after Rhinoplasty in general and Open Rhinoplasty in particular can take 6-12 months, the nasal tip may settle down during that period but won't magically rotate upwards against gravity.  While other aspects may change, this most likely won't IMHO.  Understanding and following the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose would IMO include setting the proper aesthetics of the nose during a Rhinoplasty.

Tip drooping after rhinoplasty.

+1

Tip drooping after rhinoplasty is unlikely to change and will probably droop slightly more over time. See your surgeon to see what he advises.

+1

Hi Christina,

Your nose will not lift up over time. Actually after a rhinoplasty, the tip of the nose is elevated from the swelling and as time passes the tip drops or droops. So what you have is probably what you'll keep.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS