Droopy Tip After Septorhinoplasty Surgery? (photo)

It has been 5 weeks since my septorhinoplasty and my tip seems to have become droopy, round and bulbous after the surgery. Is this permanent? Also how swollen is my nose and how long till it all resides. My appointment with the surgeon will be ar 2 months post-op.

Droopy Tip After Septorhinoplasty Surgery?

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Kenneth Hughes, MD

Tip droop

+1

Too early to tell but it looks like some tip support sutures may have given way .

Most surgeons would recommend waiting at least 6 months before a revision

Andrew L. Greensmith, MBChB, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Droopy tip after rhinoplasty

+1

It is rather early in the healing period and there is a good amount of swelling at this point. That being said, the tip does appear to have a low position. I would recommend seeing your surgeon sooner to have it looked at.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip Droop

+1

Thanks for the photos. At 5 weeks, it is too early to tell exactly how the nose will ultimately heal, so watchful waiting will be important for you over the next several months. About 10-15% of cosmetic rhinoplasty operations result in revision surgery, so it is certainly possible that you will require a revision to enhance your tip support and position. Although sometimes difficult, try to be patient during the healing time and stay in contact with your surgeon.  It is important for him/her to know how you're feeling and also so that together, you both can compare your pre-op photos with your post-op photos at the proper time. 

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision may be necessary but five weeks is too early after rhinoplasty.

+1

It's difficult to make an analysis based on the provided photographs. It looks as though you might benefit from a revision at five weeks is much too early to consider that.

Nasal tip projection

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  At 5 weeks it is still relatively early and swelling is likely still present.  Comparing the before and after photos would be helpful.  I suspect you may be in need of a columella strut graft to support the projection of your nasal tip.  You may also benefit from reduction of the dorsum of your nose.  Give it some more time and discuss these possibilities with your plastic surgeon at your follow up.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD