Droopy, Sagging Eyelids

Hello all. I'm only 22 years old, but am considering getting something done about my heavy, droopy eyelids. They make my eyes look very tired and aged, and I am not happy with their appearance at all. What would be the best way to fix this? And what would the average cost be?

Eyelid Surgery

+1

The best thing for drooping eyelids is a blepharoplasty with fat removal when indicated.  An evaluation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is the best place to begin formulation of a plan.  Consider both upper and lower eyelids in the procedure.  If one is done, and the other one needs work, do them both at the same time.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelids at a young age

+1

you need to have a careful exam by an oculoplastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who can correct drooping:

1. drooping may involve muscle treatment
  2. little skin and or fat should be removed  if any
  3. be very careful on choosing your operation and doctor

Droopy eyelids

+1

Hi, I actually think your eyelids are very pretty.  You also have lovely eyebrows with perfect arches in the outer 1/3.  You do have very slight eyelid ptosis, which is sagging of the lid itself, meaning that it covers too much of the cornea (the colored part). This is not severe enough to correct at this point. If the slight loose skin in your upper lids bothers you, then you can have an upper lid, skin only, blepharoplasty. This is simply removing the excess skin in your upper lids. This can be done under local anesthesia.  If the ptosis bother you, then find someone very experience in the procedure.  I have seen some disasters done by non-expericned surgeons. They should be board certified plastic surgeons or oculoplantic surgeons, which doesn't guarantee their experience or your result.  Remember, with plastic surgery, keep it simple--and that would be to remove the small amount of excess skin only.

Good luck,

E. Ronald Finger, M.D.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelids

+1
From the pictures you have submitted, you appear to be too young to benefit from any surgery, however I have done an occasional blepharoplasty in someone in their twenties. An examination in person of your eyelids might lead me believe that you could possibly achieve some slight improvement but the pictures alone are insufficient to allow me to make that call. I recommend having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if there could be any benefit to having the surgery done at this time.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Proceed With Caution!

+1

Despite the numerous photos, the only way to determine if surgery is appropriate would be with examination and consultation.

There may be some surgical options ranging from skin removal from the upper eyelids to brow lift, but it is critical that you have a very specific and detailed consultation to  review your goals and expectations.

Seek the opinion of an experienced expert in eyelid surgery who will listen to you carefully and give you appropriate guidance, which might be to forgo any surgery at this time!

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyes and eyelid surgery vs brow lift

+1

These photos have your head in various positions up and down from the neutral, frontal position.  This makes analysis more difficult.  Your eyebrows appear to be low and there does appear to be 1-2 mm's of true eyelid ptosis of the right upper eyelid.  You should consider having  several consultations wiith plastic and cosmetic surgeons and occuloplastic surgeons for a proper evaluation.

We need good photos to review.

+1

Your photos are not helpful. Looking sideways to the right and the left can give anyone this appearance. Full head on photos are needed to evaluate your eyes. All in all I'd say you need no surgery.

Harlow Hollis, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Beautiful eyelids in a young woman

+1

You have beautiful eyes and great lid/brow/forehead proportions.  Any upper lid surgery should be minimal, designed only to allow you a smoother palate upon which you might use eye shadow. A simple skin excision could be performed safely under local anesthesia.  Total cost for an in-office procedure with novocaine (about 45 minutes total time) should be between $2500 and $4000 dollars.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Oculoplastic Surgery

+1

As mentioned above, Oculoplastic surgeons have the most experience with ptosis repair surgery. There are two main techniques used:  levator advancement surgery, which usually involves an external incision   vs muller's plication surgery which is an internal incision.

The internal approach will likely be best for you and can give the subtle lift that you are looking for. An oculoplastics surgeon will do a diagnostic test with eye drops that will show you whether you are a good candidate for this procedure, and will also give you a good idea what your post-operative result will look like.

I have had patients with "bedroom" eyes that have had the eye drop test and said:  " that doesn't really look like ME anymore" and decided against surgery. So I would recommend that preoperative test to confirm your decision.

Best of LUck

seattleface com

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

The Ten Minute Eyelift Works Well For Droopy Eyelids

+1

Traditional upper lid blepharoplasty is the standard recommendation for droopy lids.  But, like any surgery, the this approach is invasive, may involve some real downtime,risk, and expense.  For this reason,  about a decade ago, I developed a minimally-invasive procedure known as the Ten Minute Eyelift to address droopy eyelids.

The procedure is simple and requires typically five minutes per lid--hence the name the Ten Minute Eyelift. First, the excess skin is identified and marked on the upper lids and the areas are then anesthetized with local anesthesia, the kind the dentist uses. Once anesthetized, the marked regions are heated with a device that generates enough heat to contract the collagen sufficiently to pull up the tissue the required amount. This contraction is typically seen immediately.  A tiny line-like wound is created within the fold of skin located between the lowermost brow and uppermost portion of the eyelid. Healing takes place within a few days and may be accompanied by a bit of drainage and swelling, but generally not enough to prevent normal activities. A very thin, line-like ivory scar results that sits hidden within the normal fold border between the brow and lid. Suitability of this procedure for any particular individual can be determined only after a complete history and physical examination. Fees range from $1250-$1750. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD