Droopy Nose Tip when Smiling After Rhinoplasty (photo)??

Hello, I have had 2 rhinoplasty procedures. The first one was to remove a very large hump, and the second one was to improve my droopy tip. Although my tip has improved when my face is at rest, it still droops tremendously when I smile from the front and the side view. I have narrow, long nostrils but I dont mind them, my overall nose does not bother me except for this droopy issue while smiling. Is the procedure to fix this easy and simple? Or is it complex? Thanks!

Droopy tip

+1

Two things cause this "tension tip": somewhat long caudal (end) septum and small muscle at base of columella. These can be corrected with a relatively straight forward procedure.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy tip and revision rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Mandyk7,

It appears that there are 2 things that can be done to help you out:

-bringing the columella (the bridge of skin between the nostrils) up a little bit

-weakening the muscle that pulls the tip down when you smile

I would recommend going to a couple of consultations and finding the specialist that is right for you.

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

A number of things can cause or mimik a droopy tip even after rhinoplasty

+1

There are a number of reasons why the tip of your nose can droop or appear to droop after rhinoplasty. They include:

• a long septum with a prominent infra-tip lobule (the area just below the tip
  • active muscle called the depressor septi pulling the tip down
  • the tip cartilage portion called the lateral crura may be oriented in a more vertical direction than the standard 45 degrees. That can make the tip look like its drooping when it really isn't, just measure it.

To determine the cause and treatment, seek out a specialist in revision rhinoplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Droopy Nasal Tip

+1

You have a hanging columella (part of the tip between your nostrils) even when you're not smiling which does make it worse. A small muscle at the base of your nose can also be cut to minimize this movement when smiling. This surgery is not complex as long as the work is done by an experienced surgeon who specializes in revision surgery.