How To Best Address Droopy Nose Tip? I Already Have Juvederm, Should I Be Removed First? (photo)

Hi, I've consulted a few korean docs and they said I have a slight droopy nose tip and they suggested I shld do rhinoplasty.I have Juverderm on my bridge. Pls advise if I should just do the tip plasty or the whole rhinoplasty + the tip? If do the rhinoplasty, should I remove the juverderm before the op? I want to minimize the bruising and swelling asap. Will be taking the Sineech arnica. And, would it be a better to do a ear cartilage nose tip or a septal? How long is the healing time?

Droopy nasal Tip

+2

I would recommend that you allow the filler time to dissolve or allow the surgeon to dissolve it himself, in addition, with most asian rhinoplasties I recoomend doing the tip and dorsum. If you have enough septal cartilage that will work well, but your surgeon may need to use ear cartilage and possibly even rib cartilage. healing time is usually fairly quick, 1-2 weeks, but final results can take up to a year.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

How To Best Address Droopy Nose Tip? I Already Have Juvederm, Should I Be Removed First?

+2

It is in your best interest to have the filler dissolved before surgery so that your surgeon can assess your nose. I am not a fan of fillers in the nose as a general rule.The results are variable and the product can remain- unpredictably, especially when it is injected not into the skin but randomly under the skin envelope of the nose. If  you are going to go through a rhinoplasty procedure, you may consider addressing the dorsum and tip during that one procedure in order to achieve the best cosmetic result. Cartilage tip grafts can be aesthetically pleasing: often the ear cartilage in a young person is more pliable and provides a wonderful grafting material for the tip. 

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The side view posted photo shows a VERY limited "droop". I'd advise to allow the filler to resolve. Than re evaluate the columella position. 

+1

Your nasal tip is barely dropped and IMHO it's in your best interest aesthetically to be conservative in what you do, to your nose, with a Rhinoplasty.  There's a way to rotate the nasal tip with an isolated incision in front of the anterior nasal septum that doesn't require a complete Rhinoplasty.  

Let Juvederm disappear before rhinoplasty consult

+1

It is best for your surgeon to see your nose for what it is and give a clear idea of what there is to correct. A full Asian rhinoplasty with support of both the tip and the bridge will be needed to get the look you have simulated with the Juvederm. Let the Juevderm resolve and then start with a fresh approach.