Droopy Eyelids. What Can I Do to Correct This? (photo)

Hi, why do my eyelids look Like this? Especially when I take photos. People tell me i look tiered often. What can be done to correct this? Thank you!

Eyelid ptosis

+1

You have a combination of upper eyelid ptosis [droopy upper eyelids], and lateral canthus dystopia [this means that the outer corner of the your eyelids is slightly lower than then inner corner of your eyelids].

This combination often gives someone a "tired or sad" look.

A consultation with an Oculofacial [Oculoplastics] Surgeon likely has more experience in this area than other types of plastics surgeons.

You can find one close to you at ASOPRS dot org.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid

+1

The photo shows ptosis, which can come from a variety of causes. It is best to seek out an oculoplastic surgeon who  can perform an examination and further testing to identify the cause. Repair of this ptosis could be performed from either external approach through the eyelid crease or a internal approach underneath the  upper eyelid. Frequently both eyelids need to be  corrected.

Droopy eye correction.

+1

The appearance in the photo demonstrates your upper eyelid to be quite low. This is know as eyelid ptosis which may be caused by several issues, including congenital problems, nerve problems, scarring, separation of the muscle from the cartilage. Consult an oculoplastic surgeon or a plastic surgeon with experience in eyelid ptosis repair to accurately diagnose and treat the ptosis.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

This is upper eyelid ptosis with visual obstruction.

+1

It is best to seek care for this from a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) maintains a website that has a geographic directory of members.  This can assist you in finding a highly qualified surgeon in your area.  It is appropriate to inquire if the surgery can be covered by health insurance.

Deep set eyes are a trait and not a pathologic condition.

+1

The eye in the photograph demonstrates the upper lid resting at the level of the top of the pupil. This is a family feature and not a functional problem. I would argue that you should leave your eyes alone.

Droopy eyelids can be corrected.

+1

Hi.

The border of your upper eyelid is quite low and soon it may actually begin to interfere with your vision.  You want to be evaluated by an oculoplastic surgeon.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)