Droopy Eyelid

I've recently noticed a droop in my left eye lid. I first noticed it in May but it has been pretty off and on until the past month or so...now I notice it everyday. I recently saw an ophthalmologist who says it looks like ptosis and I should see a neuro-ophthalmologist. I'm having some difficulty making an appointment but I do intend to see one. My question is, is there anything that can be done to help reverse or prevent further drooping? 

Prevention of ptosis

+1

unfortunately there is not much she can do to prevent ptosis or its progression. In general is a surgical disease that is treated with surgical therapies.

That being said, your ophthalmologist is very wise to have you see a neuro-ophthalmologist before proceeding with any surgery because you must rule out medical causes of your ptosis.

I'll attach a little information

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Lids

+1

Hi, can you please give a bit of background about any past treatments you have had like Botox or Dysport in your forehead

warm regards

prashant

Prashant Murugkar, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyelid ptosis

+1

You appear to have upper eyelid droopiness (ptosis) on both sides, left worse than right. Unfortunately, the only thing that helps is surgery to tighten the muscle responsible for lifting the upper eyelid (eyelid ptosis surgery). See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon