Droopy eyelid and eye asymmetry?

I have noticed for about two or three years now that i have a droopy eyelid, that has been around since roughly the age of 12 (currently 16). This isn't too bad and usually worsens when i'm tired but doesn't cause any discomfort. I have only just recently noticed asymmetry between my two eyes, with my left one being higher. I'm wondering how this could of happened as i'm 90% sure this asymmetry hasn't been around my whole life and is there anything i can do, to resolve the issue? Pic included.

One Droopy Eyelid

+1

It's very common for people to start noticing relatively minor asymmetries that have actually always been present. In fact if you critically look at anybody's face, you'll find significant asymmetries all over the place. It's only when we begin focusing on specific areas and specific asymmetries, that we start to notice them. So since there is still a 10% chance in your mind that the this "problem" has been there your whole life, you might reconsider that percentage.

However, it certainly doesn't hurt to have this checked out, starting with your ophthalmologist. There are a number of muscular and/or neurologic disorders that can produce new-onset unilateral ptosis, and these possibilities can and should be ruled out.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyes due to ptosis

+1

Please post a photo for more accurate assessment. Eyelid ptosis can be asymmetric, making one eye appear bigger than the other. Ptosis does get worse with time but there are also other conditions that can cause ptosis, which need to be evaluated for. See an ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.tabanmd.com/ptosis-droopy-upper-eyelid

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon