Options To Fix Asymmetry and Droopy Eyebrow? (photo)

Hi Doctors My left eyebrow is normal , always in its right place never changing .While my right eyebrow is droopy and heavy and always changing , I mean some days It's really down and some days its normal ..and when its down (droopy) it affects my eye shape (it makes it smaller) So my question is what can I do (surgically) to end this problem permanently because at this point I'm desperate . Thank you in advance.

Right Orbital Asymmetry Treatment

+2

Your photos show what appears to be a congenital condition of a lower positioned right eyebrow and right upper eyelid ptosis. This is likely due to the way it developed. This could be improved by a right-sided browlift and eyelid ptosis repair, done together during the same operation. The reason this problem appears to vary from day to day is likely due to the eyelid ptosis which can be affected by such factors as how tired you area and what time of day it is.

Eyelid ptosis and asymmetry

+2

Your eyelid/brow asymmetry is likely due to bony facial asymmetry (with right side of your face smaller than the left) and congenital factors, although there could be other causes which should be evaluated. The asymmetry can be improved by eyelid ptosis surgery (with or without brow lift).  There are also nonsurgical options available. Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid and brow asymmetry

+1

As suggested by other you have eyelid ptosis on the right side as well as a slightly lower brow on the right side.  These are different problems and require different procedures to correct.

Sam Naficy, MD

Eyebrow Asymmetry and Upper Eyelid Ptosis

+1

A unilateral brow lift can be done, but perfect brow symmetry is not a reasonable goal. Critique other people and you will see that eyebrows are normally not symmetrical. You also have ptosis of one lid which may vary throughout the day. In my opinion, this is much more noticeable but can be surgically corrected.

Eyebrow asymmetry can be corrected with a browlift.

+1

Eyebrow asymmetry can be corrected with a browlift on one side. I would need to see other photos of your eye to determine if  you have eyelid ptosis as well.

Browlift and asymmetry

+1

First, it is important to determine the etiology of the asymmetry.  If it truly something new and getting worse, you should be worked up for a progressive facial nerve weakness.  If the work-up is negative, then an Invisiline (our trademarked procedure for correcting brow drooping), would be an excellent choice.  The Invisiline can be adjusted separately on each side to achieve better symmetry.

David Alessi, MD