Is it possible to get droopy eye lids from local anesthetic at the dentists office? (Photo)

I have a droopy eye lid that I noticed right after going to the dentist about 12 years ago. She had to give me local anesthetic me a few times because it would not take and I truly believe this caused some nerve damage. The reason I say this is because I noticed the droopiness overnight. I felt something went wrong but left it at that thinking it would change but never did. Now that I am over 50 it is much more noticeable. What can I do to fix correct this? thank you S

Is it possible to get droopy eye lids from local anesthetic at the dentists office?

I agree with Dr. Ladocsi that this would be an incredibly unusual complication. Even a temporary eyelid droop would be unusual. A consultation with an eyelid surgery expert would likely be very beneficial for you. You should bring photos from a time before the eyelid droop developed for comparison. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Local anesthetic does not usually cause droopy eyelids

Hi droopy eyelid.  It is hard for me to understand how your problem could have resulted from anything your dentist did.  I suggest you contact a local plastic surgeon who can examine you and develop a treatment plan.