Is it possible to get droopy eye lids from local anesthetic at the dentists office? (Photo)

I have a droopy eye lid that I noticed right after going to the dentist about 12 years ago. She had to give me local anesthetic me a few times because it would not take and I truly believe this caused some nerve damage. The reason I say this is because I noticed the droopiness overnight. I felt something went wrong but left it at that thinking it would change but never did. Now that I am over 50 it is much more noticeable. What can I do to fix correct this? thank you S

Is it possible to get droopy eye lids from local anesthetic at the dentists office?

+2

I agree with Dr. Ladocsi that this would be an incredibly unusual complication. Even a temporary eyelid droop would be unusual. A consultation with an eyelid surgery expert would likely be very beneficial for you. You should bring photos from a time before the eyelid droop developed for comparison. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Local anesthetic does not usually cause droopy eyelids

+2
Hi droopy eyelid.  It is hard for me to understand how your problem could have resulted from anything your dentist did.  I suggest you contact a local plastic surgeon who can examine you and develop a treatment plan.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon