Droopy eye lid after botox treatment : Areas Glabella and Forehead (Photo)

This is my 3rd time getting botox in the areas mentioned above. Few days after the treatment my forehead felt very heavy and I my left eyelid dropped. I went back and the md prescribed Iopidine which is not effective. I m devastated by this and quite depressed especially after he told me there is nothing I can do except wait until botox wears off. It seems like my L eyebrow is lower than my R. Is there anything that can be done to fix this ? Thank you

Droopy eye after Botox injection

+2
Unfortunately, ptosis is a known complication of Botox injections. Treatment with Iopidine was the correct treatment however it is not always effective. I know it is very frustrating but try and be patient and it will correct itself in a few months.

Droopy Eye lid from Botox

+1
One of the potential side effects is ptosis.  Iopidine drops sometimes help the situation.  There is nothing more that you can do right now but the effects will take a few more weeks to resolve.  Within three months you should be totally back to normal.

Michele S. Green, MD

Droopy brow after Botox

+1
  • You are correct, the L eyelid is lower than the R.
  • You have to wait for the Botox to wear off.
  • Lopidine works often, not always.
  • I am sorry you have this problem. It may be from injecting Botox directly above the brows -
  • Next time, have Botox between the brows or 2 cm above the brow. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Need to wait

+1
There is nothing to do but wait.  This is a known complication and if you have gotten it three times then maybe it is time to try another doctor.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Droopy eyelid after treatment with Botox

+1
A drooping eyelid is a possible side effect of Botox treatment, even when the injections are performed properly. The Botox lasts 3-4 months on average, and the side effects will wear off over time. I would recommend following up with your injector regarding any additional concerns, as he or she knows the details of your treatment. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Droopy eye lid after botox treatment : Areas Glabella and Forehead

+1
This is a more and more common issue with ALL Botox injectors. Usually the effect wears off in 3 to 4 months... 

Droopy lid after Botox

+1
Keep using the iodine. the lid drop does not always take as long to resolve as it takes for the Botox to wear off. 
You might have improvement in a couple of weeks. You might drop your right eyebrow a bit with an injection above it. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist