Droopy Asian Eyelids - Is There a Procedure That Doesn't Require the Fold?

In 7th grade, I curiously played around with eyelid tape & glue - my eyes are droopier & 'less brighter' because of it. It's been bothering me over the years, & I just want my eyes back to the way they were. I was so stupid, and had i known my eyelid skin would sag, I would not have messed around with it. So, I was wondering if there was surgery that simply reversed this "sag" WITHOUT double eyelids (i want to look like myself). I just want my eyes back to the way & shape they were before

An Asian blepharoplasty can remove excess/hooded skin without creating or changing the double eyelid crease.

+1
An Asian blepharoplasty can remove excess/hooded skin without creating or changing the double eyelid crease. I recommend that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon that specializes in Asian eyelid surgery. You may want to consult with several surgeons before choosing because this type of procedure is highly specialized.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Asian eyelids

+1

the skin of an upper eyelid that can make the patient appear to have a droopy eye can be removed to alleviate that issue. The creation of the fold can be part of it , or it can be omitted. If no sutures are placed from the skin to the tarsal plate upon closing it , along with using an incision low on the tarsal plate, I believe what you are looking for can be achieved.

Julio Garcia, MD

Eyelid surgery can remove skin without creating a fold

+1

Yes, upper eyelid surgery can be performed just to remove skin without creating a fold if one is not present before.  In this surgery, just skin and perhaps some internal fat are removed.  No internal sutures will be used to create a fold if one is not desired.  External sutures are placed which are removed in three to five days.

James Tang, MD

Asian Upper Blepharoplasty definitely possible without "Double Fold"

+1

Hi,

Although your photos are a bit fuzzy,  a few things can be said:

Upper blepharoplasty can certainly be performed without the intention or the result of creating a "double fold."  Many patients do not prefer to have the eyelid crease made more prominent and in these cases upper lid blepharoplasty is still very much an option. 

I agree with Dr. Steinsapir, too.  Your activities as a child probably did not cause this.   Many patients come in with similar findings...

Mark Lucarelli, MD, FACS

Madison, WI

Mark J. Lucarelli, MD
Madison Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty vs Ptosis Surgery

+1

Forming a "double eyelid" involves additional steps during surgery, without which an eyelid crease will not form. If it is only excess skin that is bothering you, it can can be done without creating a fold. If it is the entire eyelid that is drooping and not just skin, ptosis surgery can be done withou any external incisions whatsoever. As mentioned above, your photos are difficult to assess and a consultation with an Oculofacial/Oculoplastic surgeon would be helpful.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Only a personal consultation can answer these questions.

+1

Dear Iloveoranges

It is very hard to restore an eyelid to the way it was in 7th grade.  Please do not blame yourself for the changes you see.  Most like the tape and glue has less to do with the appearance than time, wear and tear.  Unfortunately your photos are not that illuminating.  However, there are options for the upper eyelids that do not involve double fold surgery.

Asian blepharoplasty

+1

Yes, we can remove excess skin without creating a prominent fold. It is done by making a low incision, just above the lashes.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon