Drooping Tip

Hello Doctors, I am quite satisfied with my nose, the only problem is that my nasal tip is moving down over the years (tip ptosis). My age is end 20s. Are there any ways to counteract a further moving down of the tip? Thus not correcting the whole drooping, but just counteracting a *further* drooping.. I do not prefer surgical operation or fillers. Is there an alternative way to couteract a drooping tip (e.g. splints?)?

One option that may help is Botox.

+1

If you are truly bothered by this issue and do not want a surgical or filler-based solution, another option is Botox injection to the depressor septi muscle.  Temporary weakening of this nasal tip depressor muscle can result in tip rotation and prevention of tip depression with smiling.  Because Botox is temporary, you would need injections every 3-4 months for most benefit.

I do agree with the other surgeons that tip position can be optimized with short office-based procedures, and that these procedures are more appropriate than Botox in the long term.  However, Botox, may be a good test bed to see if you like the positioning that could be created in a more long-lasting way with a surgical procedure.

I would recommend you see a Rhinoplasty specialist, such as a member of ASAPS or AAFPRS, and/or the Rhinoplasty Society to get their take on your area of concern.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Drooping Nasal Tip

+1

Unfortunately splints won't correct a drooping tip that is likely even more prominent with smiling.  This can easily be correctly with minimal surgery without general anesthesia.  If it is bothersome, it should be properly addressed  .

Kimberly Lee, MD

Drooping Tip

+1

Unfortunately. the only way to correct a drooping tip is with surgery, although it would be a minor procedure. It does not sound like this is a major concern - at your young age tip ptosis should not increase significantly in the near future.

If the Droopy Tip Bothers You, Have a Limited Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, Christina Maria,

The droopy tip that gets worse with smile is very common. Why fight it?  A limited rhinoplasty including release of the depressor septi muscle, the culprit, is no big deal. Maybe you will also need to have a bit of the internal cartilage removed to help" lift the tip and show a little more lip" as we say.

These are relatively minor procedures. The operation will require less than a half-hour operating time and can be done under local anesthesia with sedation.

There are no shortcuts, believe me.

- Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Robert Kotler, MD

Drooping tip

+1

You have partially answered your own question.  The question I have for you is how much does it really bother you? You can only correct it with surgery or fillers. Since you don't want these can you live with it and be happy? Are you being too perfectionist? 

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon