Should Drooping Occur After Augmentation?

I had a breast augmentation a year ago and I am unsatisfied with my results. I'm 20 years old and my breasts are sagging. I weigh 120 pounds and have never had sagging before the surgery. Is this common?

Droopy breasts one year following breast augmentation

+1

It's not typical for breasts to droop after a breast augmentation, but there are many factors such as implant size, over/under the muscle implant placement, skin elasticity, breast condition pre-operatively, pregnancy, etc.  Do you have pre-op photos you can post?  Either way, I would follow up with your surgeon so you can see pre-op photos and discuss options.   ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

I do see some asymmetry. Without preop photos, it is hard to guess at the cause, but likeliest is preop asymmetry, which is common, and usually more noticeable after enlargement.

Treatment, if it bothers you enough, would probably be a lift procedure on the right side. Please consider posting a before picture. Discuss with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Drooping after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.

Generally speaking, breast augmentation surgery alone should not cause “drooping” of the breasts. Change of a woman's breast position on the chest wall often occurs with time, weight change, pregnancies etc.  Factors such as skin elasticity play an important role.

It would be  Interesting to evaluate your preoperative pictures;  you may be surprised  when you compare preoperative and postoperative pictures how the current situation is simply a larger version of where you started prior to breast augmentation surgery.

Drooping after augmentation

+1

It  is  not  easy   to     give   an  opinion    if  you  are not  putting   presurgical   pictures neither actual   pictures    after    one    year  of  BA ,   IF  YOU say   you   never  had   sagging  breast   and   after    surgery    you do  ,  maybe  is  because   you  had  a  big  implant    and  also   the  location   of   the  implant    is  over   the  mucle   just    behind  the   gland ,  when  is   like   this , the  pressure   of implant  as  no mucle  is holding    the   implant   with  the   time     your skin  may become    saggy   or  apparence  and  ral extra  skin,  it   ithis   is  the   situation  maybe    you  need  to have   a  correction   and  should consider a  breast lif t

Cynthia Disla, MD

Breast sagging after breast augmentation

+1

A breast augmentation will give you a bigger version of you.  Is it possible that you had some degree of breast sagging prior to surgery and this was either not addressed or thought to be improved by only a breast augmentation?   In order to evaluate this problem before and after photographs as well as the size of implants used would be helpful.  

Breast augmentation revision will help.

+1

Hi.

In cosmetic surgery, the only satisfactory end point is a happy patient.  So if you are not happy there is a problem.  Get a couple of different opinions.  Pretty sure this can be improved.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

May need a breast lift

+1

Without a picture, it is hard for me to diagnose your sagging. Your breasts may be riding over your implants, causing them to sag. You may have needed to get a breast lift done when your augmentation was performed.

I recommend speaking to an experienced board certified Plastic Surgeon about getting a breast lift done and any other concerns you may have.

Good Luck, Dr. Marefat 

Saeed Marefat, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Saggy Breast 1 year post op

+1

Without photos, and knowing if your implants are on top of the muscle or below, I cannot comment.  It is very unusual to have saggy breast after an augmentation if you did not have saggy breast before.  Schedule an exam with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss this issue.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Droopy, saggy breasts 1 year post-op

+1

There are many things that can contribute toward loosening of the breast tissues and their support following breast augmentation.  While it is not typical or expected that a 20 year old girl with no pregnancies would have sagging of her breasts, it is certainly not unheard of.  Genetic factors play a big role in this, and if your skin and breast tissue tone is not very strong then the breasts will not hold up well to the increased stress imposed by the implants, and the breasts will sag.  Similarly, if the implants put in are large, or at least large enough to exceed your tissues' ability to support them, then we would expect accelerated relaxation of the breasts, which will cause sagging.  Also, if the implants were placed above the muscle as opposed to under the muscle, this can also create increased forces on the breast tissues themselves leading to sagging.  These are some of the reasons why this might have happened, and although it doesn't help you get a better result, and it is unfortunate that you aren't happy with how your breasts look, it at least provides some insight into  what might be going on.  You should check back with your surgeon so that he or she can do a formal evaluation of your breasts and your implants and see what can possibly be done to improve the appearance of your breasts if you are interested in doing something about this.  Also, I would highly recommend that you make it a habit of wearing a bra with really good support at all times that you are up and around, and maybe even think about wearing at least a light bra to sleep to maintain some support for your breast implants and tissues at all times.  Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

+1

Sagging after breast augmentation is not common especially if you did not have sagging before.  However, without photos or knowing if your implants are above or below the muscle, I cannot comment on what may be going on.

Rigo Mendoza, MD