Drooping Left Eyelid? (photo)

Hello all. I have a droopy eyelid over my left eye whenever I wake in the morning if I am drinking alcohol. I was taking pred forte for 6-7 months for an eye irritation in which the eye doctor could not figure out diagnosis. Irritation started soon after my first set of contacts, ended up being molluscum contagiosum on left upper eyelid. No other symptoms, no muscle fatigue etc only this. I do have dry eye, rub it a lot, but droopiness is only morning and booze. Could steroids cause this?

Droopy eyelid

+1

The problem that you have is a ptosis of the eyelid. This is normally caused by muscle weakness.You are best served by having this condition evaluated and rthen consider treatment. Steroid are not likely the cause. All the best.

Drooping lid

+1

You have ptosis but you need to find out what is causing it.  If it varies throughout the day where it can be normal at times, you probably have a weakening of the muscle and you should see an ophthalmologist for further evaluation and treatments.

Physiologic changes can create temporary ptosis of the eyelids.

+1

Sometimes a drug like alcohol can cause one lid to droop more than another. After sleep some patients experience modest asymmetry. I don't know that steroids have anything to do with your problem. If this is a temporary issue after various causes of ptosis or ruled out you may just want to live with it.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,22-atlanta-eyelid.htm

Drooping eyelid

+1

There can be many causes for a droopy eyelid and I do not think that steroids would cause this problem.  Did you speak with your eye doctor about the droopy eyelid?  He or she should be able to examine you to try and determine a cause for this issue.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon