Drooping Eyes? Ptosis? Is There Hope? (photo)

I have noticed that my eyes have begun to droop at around age 19. My eyes used to be almond shaped. Today they're round, asymmetrical, and has not only affected my vision but my confidence. The vision in one of my eyes is much worse then the other. I think that I have ptosis in my upper lids and possibly lower lids. I noticed that it looks like there is increased fat in my lower lids and hallows under my eyes. Is it possible to correct the asymmetry in my eyes?

Drooping eyes

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with the drooping of your eyelids. I would recommend an in-person consultation with a board certified oculoplastic surgeon. He/she will be able to assess your issue in person and help determine the best treatment option for you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Ptosis surgery

+1

From your photos I'd say it's possible you have ptosis.  You also have a normal amount of fat volume loss in the periorbital area.  In any case, you need a detailed examination with an ophthalmologist first.  Then, if indicated, have your ptosis surgery performed by someone who is experienced in this type of surgery and not all eyelid surgeons are created equal.

Hopefully that helps a little, but truly, you need an examination first given the symptoms you describe in addition to the ptosis present.

Dr. Lay

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Complex anatomic asymmetry

+1

From the photos posted, you have bilateral, asymmetrical upper eyelid ptosis, which is likely the reason for the asymmetric eyebrows.
Furthermore you have lower lid retraction right worse than left.

A detailed examination by an Oculoplastics surgeon is needed to make a proper recommendation. You can find one close to you on asoprs dot org.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

From your photos, it may not be a simple diagnosis.  Your two eyes do not match at all, both the upper and lower eyelids.  You need to be seen by an Oculoplastic surgeon and worked up.  Often Graves' disease (thyroid disease) can cause this.  There are other possibilities as well and you need a full medical (not cosmetic)examination. 

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Droop

+1

From your photos, you do not appear to have ptosis, an upper eyelid problem.  Is vision worse in your right eye?  Do you have a feeling of dry eye?  If the answers are yes and yes, a lateral canthopexy or canthoplasty (surgery to resuspend the lower eyelid) would correct the droopy look of the lower eyelid and help the dry eye and exposure problem.