Drooping Eyelid Caused by Error or Allergic Reaction?

I've had Botox 5 times and 3 of those times I had drooping eyelid. The last time very serious and lasted for 4 months. Could I be allergic, or is it more likely an error by the doctor administering it?

Sounds like poor placement

+1

I would definitely suggest trying a new injector, preferably a dermatologist or plastic surgeon that does a lot of injections. If the botox is diluted too much it can diffuse to the wrong areas. If you had facial plastic surgery, it change change the diffusion as well. I hope this resolves quickly for you.

San Diego Dermatologist

Don't go to someone who regularly drops your eyelid with Botox

+1

Dear MsKarenj

They say that once is an accident, twice is a coincidence but three times is a problem. In my recent BOTOX treatments, I had one patient with a slight upper eyelid weakness that lasted about two weeks. Your injector is regularly dropping your eyelid. The real question is why are you still going to this person?

Please find a reputable doctor who will treat you and not drop your eyelid. Maybe it is worth paying a little more and getting a doctor who knows what they are doing.

Botox

+1

It sounds like this is associated with the botox injections.  Allergy is unlikely.  You should consider using a different injector next time to see if your results are different.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD