Drooping Columella After Rhinoplasty

A week after rhinoplasty, my columella dropped, and it seems like it keeps dropping more everyday. It makes my nose look droopy again. Will this be corrected with time and healing, or is this basically how my new nose is going to look?

Hanging Columella

+1

The position of your coumella may simply be do to swelling. If this does not resolve, it is a straight-forward minimally invasive procedure to correct. Share your observations and concerns with your surgeon.

Too soon to tell

+1

You may just have postoperative swelling. This goes away more slowly in rhinoplasty surgery that in almost any other kind of plastic surgery. Gravity will put fluid down into the columella and this may be what you are seeing. If after 3-4 months it is still there ask your plastic surgeon to discuss treatment options.

Drooping columella after rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to say and may be related to swelling in the early post-operative period.

I would discuss this with your surgeon.

If it remains a long term condition, options are available for correcting a "hanging" columella.