Drooping Collumnella After Revision, Still Swollen?

I had a closed rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. It was a revision rhinoplasty (first one was almost 30 years ago!) to "shave off" a droopy tip and to correct a tiny bump of cartilage above my right nostril. The bump is gone/cartilage shifted and my nose looks more symmetrical from the front. However it seems that the tip and collumnella are drooping almost as badly as before. Is it possible that even after the doctor cut down the bottom that it dropped again? Possibly not supported well?

Three Weeks is too Early to Tell with Rhinoplasty

+1

I tis WAY too soon to judge what your results will ultimately look like. However, your question is legitimate and should be shared with your surgeon.  If this was an area of concern to you pre op, you hopefully discussed it with him/her so that this would have been addressed at surgery.  The pre operative discussion is one of the most important aspects of successful rhinoplasty!

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Add Support!

+1

This sounds like a support problem. This can be very tricky. The solution is not to remove something but to add support starting with a strong columella strut.

Web reference: http://www.aventuraplasticsurgery.com/

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drooping Columella 3 Weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Even without the picture you submitted I can tell you that swelling is present 3 weeks after your revision. Be patient and share your concerns wth your surgeon.

Be patient!

+1

it is too early to tell! it will be 3-6 months before you can judge the success of this part of your surgery. Surgery is always more complicated than "shaving off" a piece of cartilage and should involve  support or suturing of the columella. For now, be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon