Cosmetic Correction for Droopiness if There is No Medical Solution?

Well thank you for all your feedback :) Ive Had This Droopiness for About 9 Months. The problem is that I have gone to the doctor to check this facial droopiness and he says it could be caused by a virus I could have developed after I got Chicken Pox about a year ago. I have been going to accupucture treatments with electrical stimulation for several sessions but it dosent seem to work. In the cases where there is no medical solution is there a still cosmetic cure for this problem? Thank you

Treatment for Sagging Half-Face - Bell's Palsy

+1

Regarding: "Cosmetic Correction for Droopiness if There is No Medical Solution?
"

You appear to be describing facial weakness or paralysis referred to as Bell's Palsy. It is a disorder of the facial nerve branches to the muscles that show facial expression. The VAST majority of Bell's Palsy cases resolve by themselves. Surgery is used ONLY when the paralysis is permanent and MANY procedures have been proposed to lift up sagging muscles or to re-power them; anything from static slings, to transferring muscles or their tendons or placing conduits across the face to allow nerve grafts from the normal side to power muscles on the bad side.

None of this would apply to you until your weakness is considered permanent. You really need to see several neurologists and have all your questions properly answered.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Knowledge is power!?! Is it? Bell's Palsy: some possible outcomes and treatments of permanent paralysis

+1

You really are best to wait. Some individuals request information which they are not prepared to process and in some instances it may be wise to trust the advice of your medical professionals rather than ask about potential outcomes. It would be similar to asking your airplane pilot what could happen and then being upset when he/she tells you the plane could crash. It is a possibility but in all likelihood, you will make it to your destination safely.  However, there are those who prefer to be informed and do bettter with the knowledge. I will mention a few, but not all, potential treatments. There are many possible medical treatments but it requires an analysis of the specific problem which is unique for each individual. In some cases the normal side is treated with botox. In more severe conditions , nerve transfers or muscle transfers. At other times, a facelift has been used in combination with suspension procedures. A variety of procedures are available for the assisting in eye closure or preventing problems from exposure. For now the best thing to do is wait. Generally these surgical procedures are reserved for only the most severe.