Drooped eyebrow after botox. How soon can I get a correction?

How soon can I get botox correction. It's been almost 4 weeks and my left eyebrow drooped which caused my upper eyelid to drooped too. Please advise.

Dropped Eyebrow Correction

+1
There are eye drops (Iopidine drops) that can be prescribed by your physician to correct and/or help the problem. It works to strengthen the muscle involved with the eyelid.
You do not want to add more Botox to the area. The eye drops should help and you should let this round of Botox run its course for about 8 months. I would then re-establish a Botox treatment plan.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Dropped eyebrow

+1
If it is the eyebrow, and not the eyelid, that has dropped - the best thing to do is to just let the botox wear off, and the eyebrow position return to normal.  This might take another 2-3 months.

Then, when you go in for another treatment, don't have any botox placed in the lower half of the forehead on that side, and use only a small dose in the upper portion of the forehead on that side.  This should prevent the problem from happening in the future.

If it is the eyelid itself that has drooped, there are some drops for this that could help.  Speak to your injector, in either case.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Botox - Droopy eyelid and eyebrow after injection

+1
Unilateral upper eyelid ptosis was seen in 3 % of the patients in the study submitted to the FDA and was thought to be due to migration of the Botox into the Levator (eyelid elevator) muscle.  It may be treated with drops and usually goes away after a few weeks.  Eyebrow droop which indeed maybe likely to create eyelid fullness is due to (off label) Botox neutralizing the Brow elevator (the Frontalis muscle).  Unfortunately if the transverse forehead creases are treated, the brow may drop a bit.  This can be reduced if the injections are placed high or a smaller dose of Botox is used.  Reducing the Botox my leave some creases and my not last as long.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Eyebrow Droop

+1
It can take 3 months for the droop to correct from Botox.  Iodipine drops can help at times open up the eye.  It will all resolve but it takes time.

Michele S. Green, MD

+1
It will probably take abut 3 to 4 months for the drooping of your eyebrow to dissipate. Talk to your doctor about eyedrops that can help if your eyelid is drooping as well. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Botox and eye droop

+1
If your brow dropped significantly you have to wait about 4 months for it to improve. If your upper eyelid was affected, there are eyedrops that can counter the effect. Good luck.

Botox

+1
You need to call your doctor who did the injection.  There is a difference between an eyelid droop which can last for 3 months and they would potentially give you eyedrops to help fix that.  Or a heavy brow from frontalis muscle relaxation, that tends to get better in a few weeks after injection.  Please call your doctor and go see them and discuss.  If you got botox somewhere at a party or a spa or somewhere where you can't follow up, then please find a great board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with lots of experience and see them. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist