Driving After Breast Explant?

I'm trying to make plans for aftercare following my upcoming breast explant surgery. I live alone and don't want to burden too many folks with this. Can anyone give me an idea, how soon I will be able to drive following the surgery? A week or less? Thanks (Surgery is in two weeks and the questions are popping up now - the ones I didn't think to ask my PS when I last saw him!)

Driving After Breast Explant?

+2

A week would be plenty unless you are driving a truck without power steering.  Chances are you would be ok so long as you are off your pain meds. This question is most appropriate to be asked of your own surgeon, however, so check there, and favor that advice over what you may here from those of us who have not seen you and will not have been at your surgery!

All the best. 

Driving after Breast Implant Removal

+1

If breast implants are removed and no capsule work is done, driving may be reasonable in a few days.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to advise you better.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast surgery and driving

+1

I usually have patients wait about 7-10 days before driving because there can be vigorous movement while driving.

Explantation of breast implant

+1

You realy need to ask your surgeon, he/she knows what is being done, and if capsulectomy is done.

If capsulectomy is done, is there going to be a drain . Is the implant above or below the muscle. If the implant is below the muscle , does the muscle need to be reattached to the chest wall.

All these issues will determine when you can comfortably drive.

Driving after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

Always best to run these types of questions by your plastic surgeon who knows your situation best and is ultimately responsible for your care. Having said that, most patients find that the recovery after removal of breast implants is relatively painless and that they are able to resume activities quicker then after the initial operation.  Most patients are able to resume driving within one week.  Of course, you will want to be off medication and be able to respond to an emergency.

Again, please run the question by your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes with your upcoming procedure.