Driving 4/5 Days After Brazilian Butt Lift

My BBL will take place in 2 weeks. My post-op appointment will be scheduled for 4/5 days after the procedure. My PS office is about 45-60 mins from my home...will the sitting while driving (both directions) be harmful to the treated area? The office tells me as long as it's not for more than an hour at a time that I should be ok, but from what I've researched, I'm worried. Help.

Driving after BBL

+1
The best person to ask about this is your surgeon, as every surgeon has their own advice. Generally, I recommend that patients don't sit for at least 2 weeks after surgery. Sitting can damage the fat that has been transferred. If you have to sit, do so for very short period of times and alter your position so you don't put too much pressure in one area for too long.

Hopefully you'll have someone else driving you since you probably won't be in any condition to drive yourself. Best of luck!

Can I drive after a brazilian butt lift

+1

I would recommend that you have someone drive you to your post-op visit, especially if you are still taking pain medicaitons.  Most people don't really feel comfortable to drive for at least 10-14 days after surgery.  Sitting for short periods of time might be okay, ask your surgeon, what they recommend.

Dennis Dass, MD

You should definitely NOT drive 5 days after a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

I completely agree with my colleagues that driving this soon after this operation would not be smart.

The safety considerations are real. You should also consider the likelihood that you will lose fat in your buttocks if you sit (AT ALL) too early.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

No sitting for 2 weeks

+1

Each plastic surgeon has his or her own set of instructions for their patients after a Brazilian Butt Lift.  I tell my patients absolutely no sitting for 2 weeks.  Perhaps that is why I am seeing a very high "take" or retention rate of the fat in my patients.  Listen to whatever your p.s. tells you personally on the day of surgery.  His/her staff may be mistaken in their recommendation.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Driving 5 Days after Major Surgery

+1

There are many reasons why you should NOT be driving 5 days after major surgery.
- you will be under the influence of pain pills. Driving under such influence is a felony which may result in injury / death to you and others as well as severe penalties.
- You will feel tired. Your reflexes will be slower.
- You will be sore. Liposuction of other areas is often done to harvest the fat for grafting into the buttocks. When sore we often do not respond as quickly as we may need to and the result may be a serious accident.
- I tell my patients NOT to put prolonged pressure on the grafted fat for more than the few minutes required to go to the bathroom for 2 weeks. WHY would you want to risk the survival of fat grafts with inordinate prolonged pressure?

The BEST option is to be driven to the doctor with you reclining in the back seat. You spent a lot of money and effort on this surgery, it would be illogical and foolish to take any chances now.