Driving 4/5 Days After Brazilian Butt Lift

My BBL will take place in 2 weeks. My post-op appointment will be scheduled for 4/5 days after the procedure. My PS office is about 45-60 mins from my home...will the sitting while driving (both directions) be harmful to the treated area? The office tells me as long as it's not for more than an hour at a time that I should be ok, but from what I've researched, I'm worried. Help.

Can I drive after a brazilian butt lift

+1

I would recommend that you have someone drive you to your post-op visit, especially if you are still taking pain medicaitons.  Most people don't really feel comfortable to drive for at least 10-14 days after surgery.  Sitting for short periods of time might be okay, ask your surgeon, what they recommend.

Driving after a Brazilian butt lift

+1

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. Like all surgeries, there is a recovery process after a Brazilian butt lift. In our practice, we asked that the patients do not place any pressure onto the butt or the areas that have received fat grafting. We recommend that they sleep facedown or on their sides and when sitting that they use an inflatable donut cushion to help relieve the pressure from this area. We ask that the patients use this cushion while seated and while driving. After this procedure, patients may begin to drive 5 to 7 days after surgery for short periods of time.

Pat Pazmino, MD

You should definitely NOT drive 5 days after a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

I completely agree with my colleagues that driving this soon after this operation would not be smart.

The safety considerations are real. You should also consider the likelihood that you will lose fat in your buttocks if you sit (AT ALL) too early.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

No sitting for 2 weeks

+1

Each plastic surgeon has his or her own set of instructions for their patients after a Brazilian Butt Lift.  I tell my patients absolutely no sitting for 2 weeks.  Perhaps that is why I am seeing a very high "take" or retention rate of the fat in my patients.  Listen to whatever your p.s. tells you personally on the day of surgery.  His/her staff may be mistaken in their recommendation.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Driving 5 Days after Major Surgery

+1

There are many reasons why you should NOT be driving 5 days after major surgery.
- you will be under the influence of pain pills. Driving under such influence is a felony which may result in injury / death to you and others as well as severe penalties.
- You will feel tired. Your reflexes will be slower.
- You will be sore. Liposuction of other areas is often done to harvest the fat for grafting into the buttocks. When sore we often do not respond as quickly as we may need to and the result may be a serious accident.
- I tell my patients NOT to put prolonged pressure on the grafted fat for more than the few minutes required to go to the bathroom for 2 weeks. WHY would you want to risk the survival of fat grafts with inordinate prolonged pressure?

The BEST option is to be driven to the doctor with you reclining in the back seat. You spent a lot of money and effort on this surgery, it would be illogical and foolish to take any chances now.