How Soon Can You Drive After a BBL?

I have one child who is in school its only about 8 minute drive each way. I know the first week or so my husband can take off but after that i would have to take him. Is their any tricks I can do to drive and not compromise my new surgery like prop myself a certain way or something? I really want a BBL but this is a huge concern of mine....

Driving after brazilian buttock lift

+2

You can drive about a week or so after a brazilian buttock lift if you use cushions or pillows under your buttock and back of thighs. Leaning forward will also help take some of the pressure off your buttocks which will help preserve the fat cells. I would also minimize the duration of your driving trips for the first 2-4 weeks. Be sure you are off your pain medication prior to driving. Consult with your plastic surgeon before driving and for more specific instructions regarding positioning after brazilian buttock lift.

Dr.Bruno

Brazilian butt lift and sitting

+2

After a Brazilian butt lift, there is a period of no sitting of about two weeks. After two weeks, you should be able to drive with a cigar shape cushion under your thighs to bump your buttocks and avoid direct pressure on the newly transferred fat. This will help optimize your end results.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

How soon can you drive after a BBL?

+1
Thank you for the question! Certainly, discuss this with your plastic surgeon, as answers will vary among surgeons. I typically say that whenever you are not taking narcotic pain medications and when you feel like you are strong enough to turn the steering wheel suddenly if needed, then you may resume driving. If you meet those requirements, take short trips around your block with somebody and see how you do. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Brazilian butt lift and sitting after surgery

+1

The hardest part of the Brazilian butt lift is preserving the injected fat.The 1st 5 days after surgery the cells are at their weakest Because they have no blood supply.  At 4 to 5 days blood vessels start to grow in gain strength. There is no magic day where it's safe to sit. Each day the cells get stronger.  So day 9 and day 11 are probably not that different. 

You will probably be okay with an 8 min. drive a week after surgery.

Wendell Perry, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift and Driving

+1

It is important to give your fat grafts the best chance for survival.  Direct pressure from sitting can affect the survival of the fat.  There are no "tricks" to all you to sit and drive.  It is best to arrange for someone else to transport your daughter to school.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

BBL postop restrictions

+1

I generally restrict my patients from sitting the first two weeks after surgery.  I believe it is important to keep pressure off the buttocks in this initial period as much as possible to protect the fat grafts and allow for the best healing possible.  That being said, patients have responsibilities and lives to deal with.  Often, patient will return to work or their daily responsibilities before the two week period is over.  In these cases, I give patients additional instructions regarding protecting their new assets by adjusting their sitting position and use of cushioning.  For example, with short drives as you mentioned, placing a foam pillow or donut pillow on your seat is acceptable especially for such a short period of time.  The important thing is that you are not placing pressure on the buttocks for an extended period.  

Dr. Simon

Sean A. Simon, MD