I'm 2 days post Septorhinoplasty and cannot breath. Could it be dried blood blocking inside my nose.

I had rhinoseptoplasty a couple of days ago and I'm wondering isit normal not too be able too breathe one bit through the nose and also will there be anything left up there too take out on a later date? One of my nostrils feels rock solid asif something is stuck up there but it could just be dried blood? How will this clear and when?

+1
   This is not unusual a few days after rhinoplasty, but you should address your concerns to your surgeon.

Stuffy Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1
It is quite common for the nose to fell "stuffy" for the first few days after a rhinoplasty.  Immediately after the procedure, the lining of the nose swells and can create swelling inside the nose.  Sometimes, there are crusts, secretions, and dried blood present in the nose after the procedure as well.  In addition, some surgeons place either splints or packing in the nose which can create blockage inside the nose as well.

Every surgeon has their own preferences for improving the blockage which can occur immediately after a rhinoplasty.  We typically advocate the use of nasal saline to help improve airflow.  

Most patients note improvement in breathing 2 days to 2 weeks after rhinoplasty.  Time will allow much of the swelling to dissipate.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon