Any Drawbacks to Doing Subcision Followed by Filler Between Fractional Co2 Laser Treatments?

It's been several months since I've had fractional Co2 on my facial acne scars. Would it be ok to have subcision followed by fillers performed in the interim - between laser treatments - or could this negatively affect the buildup of collagen in the areas I'm wanting to improve? Are there any potential drawbacks to having subcision & filler done now, as opposed to after all laser treatments have been completed?

Drawback to subcission between laser treatments

+2

Of course it is hard to say without seeing photos.  But I think that the subcission technique with fillers would be quite helpful and will complement the laser treatments.  I do not think there is much risk of interfere=ing between the two treatments.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Subcision and fillers in between laser resurfacing

+2

There are not enough studies to really answer that completely. Co2 lasers results do build over year or more. subcision and fillers are good to fill up depressed scars.  Fillers more on a temporary basis and subcision more semi permanently.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon