Is It Still Possible for Dramatic Improvements 5 Months Post Rhinoplasty?

My open rhinoplasty was done 5 months ago. My nose was broken to straighten it,and had a small hump chiselled down. He told me that my nose looked too "masculine" for my face, so talked me into allowing him to take alot more off, including the tip. Now I am left with a large bulbous, featureless tip, scar tissue just above the tip,a larger columella, and constant pink skin on my nose. My plastic surgeon told me that my skin on my nose is stretched. Could things still improve? What should I do?

Dramatic Changes 5 Months after Rhinoplasty

+2

Unfortunately, future dramatic changes will not occur 5 months after surgery. I would at least begin discussions regarding a revision with your surgeon or experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeons. It will be beneficial to establish a relationship with a surgeon who can follow you through the healing process. Best of luck.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Aussie,

Sorry to hear about your adverse rhinoplasty experience.  It is time to consider revision rhinoplasty consultations.  When you speak with your primary rhinoplasty surgeon, be sure that he/she has the ability to correct what went wrong the first time, or choose a revision rhinoplasty specialist, you want to avoid a third surgery!  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+2

At this point only fine or minor changes happen in the nose.  I usually tell my patients that 90% of your result is apparent at 6 months and then 100% at 1 year.

Hope that helps.  I would also recommend waiting until you are about 1 year out from the surgery before you consider any revision surgery.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-nose-surgery-rhinoplasty-newport-beach.php