I Need a Dramatic Breast Reduction? (photo)

I am 5'2" , and weight 132lb. I am currently 32g, and want to be a B cup maybe small C. Am I crazy?

Photograph demonstrates a good candidate for breast reduction.

+1

If you would like your breasts to be smaller from the photograph you should be a good candidate for breast reduction. Make sure you understand the byproducts of the operation including the incisions.

Dramatic breast reduction

+1

There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Reduction, which avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional reductions, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.  This technique transfers the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle allowing the patient to keep the size she chooses without over reduction.  Since you are a size 32 G, weigh 132 lbs and 5’2, it is unlikely that a size C would be proportional.  The goal is to have beautiful breasts, not to meet an arbitrary size requirement.  For breasts to be beautiful they must be located high on the chest wall, have upper pole fullness, cleavage, tight skin envelope and centered areola.  This new technique can deliver that for you.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Not Crazy...Breast Reduction is Reasonable

+1

Breast reduction is good option for you as long as you are healthy.  Seek a consultation with a BC PS.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

G cup reduction

+1

A breast reduction can be one of the best procedures we offer and can change a woman's life.  If you are considering the procedure you need to be formally assessed and then a plan can be made if you are a valid candidate, to under the procedure.

I do not think you are crazy

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

From you limited photos, you sound like you are a good candidate for a reduction, but an exam in person is critical. As for final size, it is unlikely that you can get to a "B" and still maintain a decent shape.

Bra size after a breast reduction

+1

Hi Daniellejc.  I think you will be much more comfortable after a breast reduction.  The "best size" is the one that relieves your symptoms, but leaves you a breast size and shape that YOU consider pretty. Bra sizes can vary dramatically between manufacturers. I don't like predicting postoperative bra sizes because I can be wrong if the patient switches styles or manufacturers, and this causes distrust. I tell patients that the breast reduction with make their breasts smaller and more uplifted. The nipples should be pointing forward, and at the mid-arm level. I try to leave a gentle curve of breast tissue above the nipple, a soft curve laterally, and about one-sixth of the breast projecting beyond the ribs. Within these parameters, I can leave the entire breast mound a little fuller, if the patient wishes. I hope this helps!

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

Your breasts are clearly to large for your frame. Planning to reduce you to a c cup would appear to be a realistic goal

David L. Abramson, MD

Breast Reduction

+1

Hi Danielle,

Given your height and weight, I think aiming for a B or C cup would give you much better proportions and be far more comfortable for you.

Breast reduction patients are generally some of the most satisfied patients in a plastic surgeons practice.

Although you havent mentioned any symptoms, many patients in your situation have neck and back pain as well as difficulties with playing sport and finding clothing that fit well. Breast reduction surgery generally resolves all of these issues.

You of course need to see a qualified plastic surgeon and discuss the surgery, but I am sure you will not regret it.

Best of luck

Richard Bloom

Plastic Surgeon

Melbourne Australia

Board Chairman Plastic and reconstructive surgery

Richard Bloom, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

With breast reduction surgery your breasts would be more in proportion to your body.  Reduction surgery helps reduce neck, shoulder and back pain.  My breast reduction patents are some of the happiest patients as they have told me that this surgery has changed their lives.  Be sure to consult with a board certified surgeon and you will be advised of your surgical options.

Frank Lista, MD

Breast Reduction candidates

+1

The photo looks like a patient that would enjoy the benefits of a breast reduction. Most reduction patients not only like the new body shape but this procedure has unique functional results with less back and shoulder pain and much easier to exercise. You just need to be evaluated by an experienced Plastic Surgeon to find out more about the options including possible insurance coverage as well as the desired final size .  Most Breast Reductions can be done as an outpatient procedure with recovery that is not too bad considering the long term benefits. Good Luck!

G. Wesley Price, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon