Are drains put in after a brazillian butt lift? If so, why?

Looking for a surgeon at this time to do a Brazilian butt lift and I am considering price, results of previous, healing time and location as a factor. Just trying to get some good ideas of how to go about getting this procedure done. I have 2 kids 8 and 4 and am a full time college student. I am wondering about the healing time, how long I would have to stay in the area. Could I come back home and have an online post-op meeting?

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The term Brazilian Butt Lift can refer to buttock enhancement with implants or fat transfer, depending on your geography and your surgeon. Implants often require the use of drains, which stay in until the drainage decreases (5-14 days). No drains are used for fat grafting.

Fat grafting is not as reliable since a portion of the transplanted fat will resorb. Implants are reliable and provide accurate size enhancement, but any implant procedure can be complicated by seroma (fluid collections). Your best bet is to find a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a great deal of experience in this arena. Be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

Drains Not Needed for Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

+1

Drains are not used in my practice nor most others for the BBL procedure.

My patients stay in town for at least 5-10 days depending on the extent of the surgery.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

+1

I do not typically place drains, but there is not a right or wrong management of the incisions and drainage. I typically communicate with my patients through email or by phone. I like to have my BBL patients remain in town for 7 to 10 days in most cases.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Brazillian butt lift price and recovery.

+1

If you are only interested in the Brazilian Butt Lift as a single procedure including lipo to the flanks al lower back the estimate budget for the surgery = US 3,300

This includes clinics, feeds for the plastic surgeon, the auxiliary , nurses, anesthesiologist, drugs that you will use during your recovery (antibiotics and analgesics)

The patient has to stay for a period of 10 days in order the have the proper recovery for a safe return home.
After this period the patient should be in the process of a good recovery an can safely return home.

I normally don't use drains in Brazilian Butt Lift i recomend the post operative massages. unless if it is nesesary to use it in order to drain some excess fluids in some patients in order to get a quicker recovery.It usually is not required for more than 2 days.

Gustavo Almanzar, MD

Brazilian butt lift

+1

A brazilian butt lift recovery is similar to liposuction but a tad more involved because of the fat augmentation. The buttocks can be sore for a while. Ideally you should be in town for about 1-2 weeks.