Draining From Bikini Line After Drainage Tube Rejected

had a tummy tuck 7wk ago my body rejected the drain tube n the hole closed. last week I started draining again but from the bikini line it opened up I have a hole the size of a button, when will it stop, it's that normal

Drainage from Incision Line after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Drainage from the incision line of the tummy tuck does occur frequently. This is likely your body's way of eliminating some  fluid that has accumulated  after drain removal.  More than likely, the drainage will stop in a matter of days to weeks and the incision line will heal. You should be concerned if there are any signs of infection ( redness, purulent  discharge, fevers)  or any sign of fluid accumulation (sereoma)  behind the abdominal wall flap.

Continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon will be helpful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Drainage after the drain is removed in tummy tuck surgery.

+1

A large collection of fluid (seroma) needs to be removed after the tummy tuck.  Needle aspiration after drain removal is necessary in 30% of all cases.  Spontaneous drainage occurs through a weak area in the incision.  All will heal nicely over time.  Rarely is a scar revision needed.