Drains in place and draining but I'm still retaining fluid in the abdomen that causes a lot of discomfort. Is this normal?

Early post op tummy tuck concerns: ask your surgeon

+1
Without knowing more details such as how long ago your procedure was and the amount of drainage, it is not possible to give you useful advice. Questions like this should be directed to your plastic surgeon. Many plastic surgeons now use a technique called progressive tension sutures, which helps minimize fluid so drains are not necessary or can come out earlier, so the technique used in your case would affect the answer also.