No Drain Tummy Tuck Procedure in or Near Austin,Tx I Can't Find a Doctor?

Im also looking for a price estimate..Im only 5ft 130 Im looking for a flatter stomach but from my 2 c-sections I cant seem to get rid of that flap from the cut

Hi There,
I wanted to let you know that we do not allow self-promotion nor doctor referrals (from one doctor to another) on our site, but I have included a link below that may help you with your research. Also, for an estimate, please set up a consultation with one of our board certified doctors.
http://www.realself.com/Tummy-tuck/drs
http://www.realself.com/tummy-tuck/cost

Drains help you to avoid fluid pockets after surgery

+2

Drains are small tubes that are placed under the skin during a tummy tuck so that the skin that is lifted and pulled to make your abdomen tighter, sticks down and heals properly.  Drains cause constant suction underneath the skin so that there is a vacuum created so that the tissue sticks down and heals. "No drain" tummy tuck has been popularized by surgeons that use stitches under the skin surface so that a drain is not required.  I have seen many patients from other surgeons who have had tummy tucks with no drains that have resulted in fluid pockets under the skin surface called a seroma. This requires drainage of the fluid in the office with a large needle and is a complication that can be avoided by careful use of drains.  If these fluid pockets persist, another surgery is required.  Drains may be somewhat uncomfortable during the first week of recovery but they are absolutely worth it since they help avoid complications like a fluid pocket.  

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Drains and Tummy Tucks

+1
Thank you for your post. Whenever there is a potential space in your body, your body tends to fill that space with serous fluid (the yellow type of fluid that also comes out of a 'weeping wound'. This is similar to when you get a blister: the layers of skin separate and fluid is deposited in to the space. In a tummy tuck, the space is in between the skin/fat layer and the muscle layer. Most surgeons will place a drain to remove this fluid while your body is secreting it until the fat layer grows back together with the muscle layer. At that point, no more fluid is secreted into the area, because there is no more space for fluid. The length of time that this takes varies from patient to patient. Some patients heal much faster, thus the layers seal together much faster. Also, the more twisting motion you have in your belly area, the slower the two layers grow back together because they are moving in relation to each other. The fluid coming through the drain can be initially dark red, and eventually clears to pink then yellow. This is because it takes just a little bit of blood to make the fluid dark red. Also, initially, there can be a large amount of fluid (few hundred cc's in the first day is not out of the range of normal) and this should slow down substantially over next few days. Once the fluid slows down to the amount that your surgeon is comfortable with (usually 25-50 cc in 24 hours) then they will be pulled. There is minimal discomfort in pulling the drain in most patients.
More recently, 'drain free' surgery has become more popular. Fat layer is sutured down to the muscle layer starting at the ribs and progressively down to the lower incision. This makes the space for the fluid to collect much smaller, and in many patients can have surgery without drains. However, I have seen multiple patients come from other surgeons because they developed a seroma despite the suturing of the tissue. This is not the surgeon's fault, but some patients just do not heal fast enough or put out too much fluid for the body to absorb.
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

No drain tummy tuck

+1

I do not find many surgeons recommending a no drain tummy tuck, as the potential risk can be high for fluid collections.   Many of us do use Progressive Tension Sutures (PTS) which aid to quickly remove drains by closing the dead space.  I am able to remove mine about 50% faster with these sutures.

I would recommend that you meet with 3 board certified plastic surgeons, both who offer the "no drain" technique, and those who do not, such that you can make the most informed decision.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Finding Plastic Surgeon for Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Generally speaking patients are much better off looking for the best plastic surgeon available to them to perform their procedure, as opposed to selecting a plastic surgeon based on procedural details such as the use of drains. Also, be careful about selecting a plastic surgeon based on  “price estimates”; remember that correction of complications may be more costly in many ways.