Drain Removal and Pain? (photo)

Drains removed after 2weeks. L/drain removal so painful I fainted r/drain painless. I still feel sharp pain where I felt the tug & pain from l/drain removal. Not worse but not any better. Is this normal. Area not red but a bit swollen. Swelling is minimal & very tender 2touch when in shower. If binder of pain is felt more but if I just put slight pressure over my abdomen area where felt it feels so much better. Should I b concerned? PS said NO but something doesn't feel right.

Drain Removal and Pain

+3

Nothing appears unusual on the photo. 

Without a chance to do an examination, I don't think this can be resolved over the internet. Your surgeon's opinion based on knowing you, knowing what was done, and having followed your recovery, and having examined you has it all over anyone trying to diagnosis this on the website. I would tend to go with your surgeon's opinion. If the issues don't resolve, call for another follow up. 

All the best.

Drain Removal and Pain?

+2

The removal of a drain is usually accompanied by a variable amount of pain which should gradually dissipate with time.  Followup with your Plastic Surgeon. 

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Pain at Drain Site

+2

Having pain around or near a drain site even after it comes out is not too unusual. There could be a nerve that has been irritated.  It will likely gradually diminish but follow up with your surgeon.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck drain removal

+2

Sometimes a drain removal can be a bit more painful and it sounds like yours was.  Maybe a nerve was irritated by the drain sliding by.  Your photo doesn't show anything of concern but it would be wise to have your doctor take a look.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS