Drain Removal After BBL?

Hi, It has been two weeks since I had a tummy tuck, lipo, and a bbl. My back drain, for the bbl, was removed yesterday. When I got home and took a shower, I thought the drain was still in because I felt something protruding. I am guessing it is tissue. I called my doctor's office and the nurse said it is very common. The cause is due to swelling and it will shrink in a few days. Please tell me if this is normal. I have not heard anyone else mention this on the forum.

Drain site issues.

+1

If a drain has been present for more than a week, it is common for the site where the drain entered the body to become a bit swollen. The site will typically close up in a matter of a few days, but it is not uncommon to feel a bump in this area. Once the irritation of having the drain is gone, this will usually resolve on its own.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

The drain exit point will be firm and tender initially

+1

Thank you for the question. Although I cannot be certain what you are experiencing it is not uncommon to have firmness and tenderness at the drain exit hole.  The body does not like the drain being there and is always trying to heal the tissue that was disturbed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Pain after drain removal following Brazilian butt lift

+1

It would be uncommon for you NOT to have pain after only two weeks.  Keep track of things and see your surgeon if you suspect fluid build-up.

Daniel Greenwald, MD