Can You Get a Breast Implant Revision After Muscles Were Shaved for First Surgery?

My Dr. had to shave muscle under neath & on top to make room for implants , can i redo & go larger? there is no fullness in the center only on the sides, i look hideous in a swim suit or low cut top. they stick out but look flat with no definition of shape in the center. I want them redone. can i do this after having the muscles shaved & how soon, are there any risks to the muscles? I am 3wks post op.

+1

I assume you mean that the muscle was released because shaving the muscle is not a procedure that is a part of breast augmentation.  Breast implants will take time to settle and  I would advise waiting 6 months prior to revisions.

Shaving muscle?

+1

I am not sure what you mean by shaving of the muscle?  I have never heard of that.  But, a revision is not recommended at three weeks you should wait at least 3-4 months minimum..maybe longer.

Breast implant revision for improved shape

+1

I have to admit that I am confused about your question, since I have no idea what "shaving" the muscle means and I have been doing this for 20 years. There is the subfascial method, and the split muscle method, but neither of these would explain a poor shape or preclude a revision surgery. In any case, you are still in the relatively early post op period, so there may be some changes with implant settling and so forth. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Richard Baxter, MD