Dr Recommends 300 Cc Type 20 Natrelle High Profile. Are There Any Differences or Pros/cons of Mentor Gel Vs Allergan Natrelle?

Slender, athletic, 5"1, 102 lbs.

Allergan vs Mentor Breast Implants

Unless you are considering anatomic or textured implants, the implants from both manufacturers are essentially the same. In fact the gel that fills them comes fro the same source. THere is a difference in the shell of the textured implants. I personally prefer Allergan's texturing method as I believe it actually modifies the scar capsule more. Allergan's gel in their anatomic implant is a little firmer than the regular gel. Both make excellent products that have proven to be safe and reliable.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

There is not enough information to give you any meaningful advice.  In terms of picking the right implants to achieve your goals, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Houston, TX

Mentor or Allergan Breast Implants?

Mentor and Allergan are the two companies that stood with physicians and patients during the breast implant crisis that started in 1992.  Competing companies exited the market when the going got tough.  Mentor and Allergan have performed the difficult tasks required to scientifically disprove the myths about silicone gel implants and gain FDA approval. 

There are slight differences in implant dimensions and fill volumes between the product lines of the two companies.  Surgeons will sometimes have a preference based on those differences.  I would suggest that you go with your surgeon's recommendation.  Both companies make excellent, high-quality products with good warranty programs so you won't go wrong with either company.

Philip E. Fleming, MD

What's the difference between Allergan and Mentor implants?

Allergan and Mentor are basically the same with small differences that wouldn't be noticed once in the body.  Otherwise, they are both FDA approved and excellent implants! Perhaps contact each company to find out about their implant warranty.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Allergan and Mentor Breast Implants

Both Mentor and Allergan have excellent breast implants.  There are slignt differences in sizes and profiles that your plastic surgeon can discuss with you.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Allergan vs Mentor implants

They are essentially identical. It's your surgeon's job to pick the implant. Go with his/her recommendation. I use Mentor because of their excellent customer service.  Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Allergan vs Mentor implants

I think that in general, the implants are fairly similar. It is like Coke vs Pepsi.  Best to be seen in person to choose the right implant for you.

Mentor versus Allergan Implants

Both companies Mentor and Allergan make excellent implants and there is essentially no difference in quality or durability of their implants.  They both give equal warranties should an implant ever fail or leak.  Their catalog systems are slightly different and the profile choices are slightly different.  The most important thing to consider is the comfort level of your surgeon with the choices available.  Customer service from the sales rep who services your surgeon's account is probably the most important factor when deciding between these two companies.  Leave the choice up to your surgeon.

Mentor or Natrelle Breast Implants?

Either one is a good choice. I tell my patients that it is similar to Reebok vs. Nike. They are both quality implants from reputable companies, and it comes down to surgeon preference. The more important items are the volume,the profile, and their relationship to the patient's anatomy....these are the variables that will determine the final result.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Mentor vs. Allergan implants

There are only very minor differences between the implants available in the US from the different manufacturers.   I would not have any concerns using implants from either Mentor or Allergan.