Dr Recommends 300 Cc Type 20 Natrelle High Profile. Are There Any Differences or Pros/cons of Mentor Gel Vs Allergan Natrelle?

Slender, athletic, 5"1, 102 lbs.

Allergan vs Mentor Breast Implants

+2

Unless you are considering anatomic or textured implants, the implants from both manufacturers are essentially the same. In fact the gel that fills them comes fro the same source. THere is a difference in the shell of the textured implants. I personally prefer Allergan's texturing method as I believe it actually modifies the scar capsule more. Allergan's gel in their anatomic implant is a little firmer than the regular gel. Both make excellent products that have proven to be safe and reliable.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Mentor or Allergan Breast Implants?

+1

Mentor and Allergan are the two companies that stood with physicians and patients during the breast implant crisis that started in 1992.  Competing companies exited the market when the going got tough.  Mentor and Allergan have performed the difficult tasks required to scientifically disprove the myths about silicone gel implants and gain FDA approval. 

There are slight differences in implant dimensions and fill volumes between the product lines of the two companies.  Surgeons will sometimes have a preference based on those differences.  I would suggest that you go with your surgeon's recommendation.  Both companies make excellent, high-quality products with good warranty programs so you won't go wrong with either company.

What's the difference between Allergan and Mentor implants?

+1

Allergan and Mentor are basically the same with small differences that wouldn't be noticed once in the body.  Otherwise, they are both FDA approved and excellent implants! Perhaps contact each company to find out about their implant warranty.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Allergan and Mentor Breast Implants

+1

Both Mentor and Allergan have excellent breast implants.  There are slignt differences in sizes and profiles that your plastic surgeon can discuss with you.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Allergan vs Mentor implants

+1

They are essentially identical. It's your surgeon's job to pick the implant. Go with his/her recommendation. I use Mentor because of their excellent customer service.  Dr Foster

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Allergan vs Mentor implants

+1

I think that in general, the implants are fairly similar. It is like Coke vs Pepsi.  Best to be seen in person to choose the right implant for you.

Mentor versus Allergan Implants

+1

Both companies Mentor and Allergan make excellent implants and there is essentially no difference in quality or durability of their implants.  They both give equal warranties should an implant ever fail or leak.  Their catalog systems are slightly different and the profile choices are slightly different.  The most important thing to consider is the comfort level of your surgeon with the choices available.  Customer service from the sales rep who services your surgeon's account is probably the most important factor when deciding between these two companies.  Leave the choice up to your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.pasadenacosmeticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-questions.html

Mentor or Natrelle Breast Implants?

+1

Either one is a good choice. I tell my patients that it is similar to Reebok vs. Nike. They are both quality implants from reputable companies, and it comes down to surgeon preference. The more important items are the volume,the profile, and their relationship to the patient's anatomy....these are the variables that will determine the final result.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Mentor vs. Allergan implants

+1

There are only very minor differences between the implants available in the US from the different manufacturers.   I would not have any concerns using implants from either Mentor or Allergan. 

Silicone gel implants are for the most part indistinguishable.

+1

Very very minor differences between implants from different manufacturers. I use implants from two different companies and don't really discern a significant postoperative difference.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm