Doctor Recommendations for Facial Fat Graft Removal via Liposuction

I previously posted a question here that I believe I worded inaccurately. I'm unhappy with the over-filled results of fat grafting (7months ago) to the cheek area--the upper area of the cheek, up to where the eye area begins, not directly under the eye.(I did not need filler in the eye area, as I am only 28--I had grafting done for acne scar improvement). Please let me know what type of liposuction techniques would be best and an experienced Dr. recommendation(s) anywhere in the US if you have one?-Thank you!

+2

I recommend fat graft removal in the face via Smart lipo 18 watt unit done by a very experienced surgeon. It may take upto 3 sessions or more. Fees could approach $10,000. Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Over corrected facial fat injections

+2

If the area is a firm mass, liposuction is not likely to help and may cause nerve damage. Steroid injections or mesotheraphy are  possible fo an isolated mass or cyst but may be difficult to localize and can produce destruciton of localzied normal fat

Facial fat grafting and removal

+2

Without photos and of course a physical exam it is difficult to say what could be done.  In genral, it is very difficult to remove fat grafts that now are incorporated in the tissue. Liposuction may be helpful, and sometimes localized steroid injections of isolated problem areas on the face may be helpful.

Facial fat graft removal techniques.

+2

The answer depends on seeing photos of the problem or examining the skin to see how much scar is there. Liposuction usually won't work since the fat has scar around it and steroids melt the good fat around it. See an experienced facelift surgeon for the best answer.

Removal of fat injection graft

+2

Removal of a fat injection graft can be a tricky process.

Typically, the grafts that survive are more fibrous than the surrounding fat.  They are, in essence, tougher.  So steroid injections can dissipate to the tissues around the fat injection graft, and affect normal fat more than the offending lump.

Therefore, more often than not, either extremely targeted steroid injections, or direct removal of the grafts are the best option.

We prefer to use autologous fat-fascial grafts, untraumatized  (LiveFill), for this purpose.  Then if the graft is too bulky for some reason, it is easy to access and reduce.  It is only in one plane, not above the muscle, in the muscle, below the muscle, on the bone, etc, the way fat injection can be.

Also, great caution is necessary before putting fat grafts below the eyes.  The skin is simply very thin and even grafts that appear perfect at the time of surgery can become bulky once all the swelling goes away.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Fat graft removal

+2

If I had a patient that had a persistant lump or bulge after fat grafting I would inject the fat with a steriod.  Have you tried massaging the over-filled area?  Make sure you have discussed this with your first surgeon and see what remedy he or she prescribes.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Removal Fat Grafting

+1

Removal of fat in the face can be a very difficult process. As other physicians have suggested, it may be a better option to undergo steroid injections before trying removal. In some cases, you may want to actually add fat or filler to camoflauge the areas of concern. In either event, I would speak with the plastic surgeon who performed the procedure or find a facial plastic surgeon in your area to get a second opinion from.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of overaugmented fat injections

+1

Microcannulae liposuction may induce significant bruising, swelling, nerve injury, and hematoma with scarring on the face to remove what probably was injected as small amounts of fat. It may be very difficult to remove. Be cautious not to develop a worse appearance.

Ronald Shelton, MD