Doctor Recommendations for Buccal Fat Removal with Local Anesthesia Only?

I live in California. So, I am looking for a Dr. that performs Buccal fat extraction with local anesthesia only. I saw it done before (youtube) and am really interested in getting this procedure done only with local anesthesia.

Buccal fat excision under local anesthesia

+3

Dear Cheeka,

Buccal fat removal can be done under local anesthesia quite easily.  In fact, I just performed one last week and the patient was back to work the next day.  Basically, we numb the inside of your mouth, and through a 1/4 inch incision, we remove some the fat in buccal / inside cheek areas.  The whole procedure takes about an hour and once the area is numbed, the procedure is painless.  For more info you can contact our office in Los Angeles.  Hope that answers your question.

All the best, Dr. John Vartanian.

Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Local Anesthesia for Buccal Fat Pad Removal

+2

Hi Cheeqs,

Let me start by thanking you for your inquiry.

Buccal fat pad removal when performed accurately will give the patient a slimmer and an ideal midface contour.

The best fitting candidates for buccal fat pad removal are the ones with chubby cheeks that will not be prone to atrophy with age progression. Suffering from a hollow face later on in life is not pleasant.

Therefore, I encourage you to seek a consultation with an extensively experienced surgeon to determine your options and to have a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Buccal fat removal.

+2

Your cheeks look fine the way they are and you will need that fat in your face to age well. You should not have this done as your face will thin with time.

Buccal Fat Pad Removal with Local Anesthesia

+1

I agree that buccal fat pad removal with local anesthesia is the superior technique for the vast majority of patients who desire this procedure.  

I prefer to remove the buccal fat pad in the office under local anesthesia with a minimal intraoral incision for the following reasons:

1.  Patients can see the buccal fat removed- Patients like to see the buccal fat removed as it is reassuring that the fat has actually been removed

2.  Quicker recovery than general anesthesia

3.  Local anesthesia is less cost prohibitive as well

4.  Able to tolerate foods earlier with less intraoral swelling

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/buccal-fat-removal.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal Fat Removal

+1

Buccal fat removal can be performed under local anesthesia but patient selection is key to a successful procedure.  Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area who performs the buccal fat removal procedure to determine if you are a candidate for the procedure before determining under what anesthetic the procedure should be performed.

Buccal Fat Pad Removal Can Be Performed With Local Anesthesia.

+1
Buccal fat pad excision can be performed easily in an office setting under local anesthesia.  I believe the surgeon performing this procedure should be experienced in the local anatomy.  A very small incision is placed above the second posterior molar inside the upper mouth, and the fat is easily teased and removed.  Care must be exercised to respect the surrounding structures, and bleeding is always a possibility.  I have seen surgeons become lost, turning a simple procedure into a misadventure.  Accordingly, if you have having this performed in an office, be sure to check whether it has been performed there before.
When evaluating you photographs, it is difficult to tell whether you are a good candidate, but I would tend to shy away from this option at this point.

Web reference: http://www.shapiroplasticsurgery.com/blog/buccal-fat-pad-removal

Buccal fat extraction

+1
Buccal fat removal can easily be done under local anesthesia. It should be an equivalent experience to a dental extraction.
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal fat pad excision with local

+1

Buccal fat pad excision can be done with local.  It is certainly  more comfortable for the patient with some sedation.

Buccal Fat Pad Excision

+1

I prefer to perform the procedure in the operating room under local with sedation or under general, depending on the patient and how they would tolerate it.  It is more controlled, more comfortable for the patient and more safe in my opinion.  It is a minimal addition in cost but I feel the benefits are worth it.

Having said that, there are doctors that would do this under local as it is a quick procedures, and again there are doctors that will also do breast augmentation under local.  Not saying the two are comparable, but you can find what you are looking for as long as you look long enough.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/