Pro Bono Mini Tummy Tuck

How Can You Get a Dr. to Perform a Pro Bono Cosmetic Procedure? I'm Desperate!! I want a mini tummy tuck after 4 kids (last 2 were twins), and a c-section. I'm 29, 5'6, and 130 lbs, not overweight, just stretched skin. I've consulted with a local plastic surgeon and he quoted me $4,500 because he says mine is really not bad considering 4 children, but I just can't afford that. I just wonder how and why Dr.'s consider pro bono procedures for some people? I want to feel confident again!

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

The problem is that for a doctor to open their doors, it costs them money. Pro Bono operations are usually reserved for extreme medical cases or instances where a cosmetic procedure will dramatically change how they are viewed in society (e.g. cleft lip on children).

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck?

+1

It would be in your best interest to gradually save and afford the procedure to be performed by the best plastic surgeon you can find.

I am concerned however that (based on your description) you may not be an excellent candidate for mini tummy tuck surgery.

In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Pro Bono tummy tuck

+1

No one not even a resident plastic surgery clinic will offer a mini tummy tuck pro bono, or for no charge.

Free Cosmetic surgery

+1

Pro Bono is a term used when lawyers donate their time for a client for various reasons but the client needs the help. 

Cosmetic Surgery is a luxury not a necessity and there are cost to each procedure that cannot be avoided other than the Doctors time. That is why you will not get totally free surgery. Sometimes a Plastic Surgeon may like to do a particular type of procedure and may do it for a low charge or donate the time  but it  is highly selective.   

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Pro bono cosmetic surgery

+1

Surgeon's have costs and no surgery is free. These costs must be paid. Occasionally they are underwrittede, or volunteered, or sponsored by a third party. Not all surgeons participate. There are issues such as who will cover cost of revision if necessary or complications, etc. Some reality shows sponsors these procedures whereas Univeristy training programs may perform these at a minimal cost. Look into these options