Downtime After A Non Surgical Nose Job? (photo)

I am going to get a non surgical nose job. I have read from some sites that there is no downtime and from other sites that bruising and swelling can occur which take a week or two to go down. The only time for me to get the procedure would be during a school holiday because I am a student and I am wondering if I need to wait until summer when I have 6 weeks off school or if one or two weeks could be a long enough recovery time. I don't want anyone at school to notice I had the procedure.

Downtime after NSNJ

+1

Two weeks is ABSOLUTELY more than enough time to "recover" from a non-surgical rhinoplasty. In fact, in most cases, two HOURS would suffice. If there is bruising (which you can reduce the chances of by taking the homeopathic substance Arnica montana), it should resolve quickly and could be covered with a small amount of concealer if necessary. However, most people that I know, even those in very public and social jobs, return to work immediately after the procedure without issue. Best of luck!

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Dan6,

• In most (over 95%) of cases, there is no bruising, just some redness
  • Doing it on a Friday, you should be fine for Monday
  • It looks like you would be a great candidate

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Essentially no down time with non surgical nose job.

+1

Hi.

It is just injecting some filler.  So the most you might see is some bruising and swelling for two or three days.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Minimal to No Downtime for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

The non-surgical rhinoplasty is a minimally invasive procedure which rarely requires any downtime. Swelling is usually very minimal and bruising, which is also usually minimal, can be easily covered up.  You do not need to take any time off to do this procedure. Click on the link below to view before and after photos of non-surgical rhinoplasties performed with liquid injectable silicone. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

One Week for Recovery after Nonsurgical Nose Job

+1

One week should be plenty of time after nonsurgical nose job for recovery.   Usually there are only a couple of days of swelling, and depending upon how it is injected there should be little chance for bruising or skin problems.

Recovery time after injection rhinoplasty

+1

The recovery time is about a day. The nasal skin reacts by becoming red for several hours. The needle pricks are visible for a day but can be covered with makeup that evening. Swelling is minimal and isn't a problem.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Nose Job

+1

Generally speaking, the swelling following a non-surgical rhinoplasty will usually subside within a couple of days.  If you get any bruising, that would take some time to resolve.  Please seek an experienced injector as technique is important.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD