Will Downsizing from 300cc Moderate Profile to 220cc High Profile Cause Sagging of the Skin?

I have a very small frame, and a pigion shaped chest. 5'2, 110lbs

300cc downsize to 220cc

+1

It is hard to answer this question without an in person exam, or at least a photo. The usefulness of responses to  your query will be limited.

As a general rule, unless the breast skin this already loose a modest size reduction is or considering should not have a dramatic effect in terms of sagging.  

I do have a concern increasing profile at that time downsizing, unless her original implants are too wide for your breasts. The decreased diameter from her current implants to the ones you are considering is enough that a modification of the capsule may also be required, complicating the procedure.

Some further discussion with your surgeon is in order.

Thank you for your question and best wishes.

Downsizing breast implants

+1

This has nothing to do with your frame or chest characteristics. Unfortunately one cannot just pick a size (volume in cc's) of implant and make it work. Breast implants need to be properly fitted for the space behind the breast or in the case of existing implants, the capsule around the existing implant. 

Because the capsule space will not shrink down reliably and it should not be narrower than the breast width anyway, the replacement implant needs to be the same diameter or only very slightly smaller than the existing one. The tissues will accommodate reducing the forward volume (profile) but since you have a medium profile implant, in saline-filled, you would only have one option to decrease the profile to a low profile. If you have gel implants, the "moderate" profile is actually the lowest profile and there is no way to downsize it. If it's the middle profile (Style 15 in Allergan) then you could go to a lower profile (the Style 10). 

I would add that implants do not lift the breast nor do they actually tighten the skin. Removing them does not actually make them sag, nor does it change the skin tone. The lift effect and the sag effect are illusions caused by adding or subtracting pillow volume. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing implants

+1

A small drop in impalnt volume by 80 cc;s probably willnot cause the breasts to signfiicantly sag, but it is also dependent upon your skin quality.

Downsizing of Breast Implants and “Sagging” Skin?

+1

Unfortunately, without direct examination or at least viewing pictures it is not possible to give you specific/accurate advice.

Generally speaking,what breasts look like after removal or down sizing of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed or replaced with smaller implants.