Will Downsizing from 450ccs to 350ccs Achieve my Size/goal?

I had my surgery 2 years ago through crease 450ccs high profile. I'd like to change my size 1. because i wanted a Ccup and ended up with huge D's and 2. Wanted my areolas smaller but doc insisted in crease incision. So, I'd like to know if downsizing from 450ccs to 350ccs is enough to "look" like I have smaller breast and will they still be close together as opposed to separated breasts? Also, I want to reduce my areolas so will new implants be placed through that new incision or same old crease

Breast implant sizing

+2

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
If you are having areola  reduction surgery the implants can be inserted via the areola  incisions.

Breast Revision

+1

When you go down in size, the breasts will separate some, and the nipple surgery can be done any time.  With a reduction, there is some risk of sensation alteration, even loss of sensation so you must be aware of this.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing breast implants

+1

Reducing the size of the implant by about 100cc will reduce your cup size about 3/4cup. This may cause you to sag a bit more and may require a small uplift. In order to reduce the size of the areolas, you would need a Benelli type of mastopexy. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

I agree with your desire to change implant sizes

+1

I think that you would be closer to achieving your goals with the changes that you mentioed.  This would mean reducing the size of your implant, and reducing the size of your areolae.  Yes, I think that the implants could be removed and replaced with smaller implants through the periareolar incisions while at the same time reducing the size of your areolae.

James Tang, MD

What to do?

+1

Reducing your implant size will, alone, make your areolae somewhat smaller.  Perhaps not enough to give you the result you're imagining, but also without any scar.  If you're intent on switching to smaller implants I'd probaby suggest that you change the implants and wait with the nipple portion of the procedure.  That's something that can always be done. Good Luck!  Scott Newman, MD FACS

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS