Can I downsize implants through a tummy tuck 3-4 months later?

I had a breast lift with 325cc silicone implants a week ago. The final size is a bit a bigger than I expected but I will give it time to be sure. I go for a tummy tuck in 3-4 months. Can my ps switch the implants out for a 275cc through my stomach? And will I have extra skin from downsizing? I am 5'3" 135 lbs and had more breast tissue than expected after breastfeeding/weightloss. Can it be done? Will 275cc bring me down a cup size?

Implant exchange through tummy tuck possible but . . .

+1

While it is possible to place or exchange breast implants through the tummy tuck, it is rarely done. You will also be more likely to be happy with the size if you wait a while, but if you do exchange the implants then going through one of the incisions already on the breast could be used to remove extra skin if necessary. The scar will not be any worse.

Hold tight: 50cc downsize is unlikely to reduce a full cup size

+1

Please try to wait, until at least 90 days, postop, as the size, shape and position will improve and you may be satisfied. Generally, 1) reducing the volume of the implant 50cc will not result in a full cup size reduction; 2) it is preferable to use the breast scars to avoid capsular contracture and to ensure optimal positioning. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

Down size

+1

It can be done but not as reliable as using the same scar. I bet in 4 months you will see that you are smaller after everything settles and will not want to change. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing

+1

Downsizing by 50 cc's is not much of a difference in size and probably not worth doing. You already have incisions on your breasts so I would definitely use these as entry points if you ever have any revision breast surgery.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon