Best Way to Downsize? - BA Was 6 Weeks Ago, Want to Downsize Asap? (photo)

I completely regret augmentation and wish I left my natural breasts alone. I would explant, but I'm too worried that they won't look as "good" as they did before, especially since my PS lowered my natural crease. I'm willing to settle in the middle with just downsizing to much smaller implants and a much lower profile. I currently have 450cc HP. I look like an idiot. I miss the "natural" look to my breasts, and I'm hopping a much smaller lower profile implant will help get me there?

Downsizing or Removal of Breast Implants 6 Weeks after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Although it is not possible to give you precise advice based on the limited information online, if you are sure that you “miss” your native breasts, it may be in your best interest to have your breast implants removed altogether. This operation, possibly along with “reconstruction” of the inframammary fold areas may best achieve your long-term goals.

In other words, based on the your description, I would have concerns that even with smaller breasts implants, you may feel dissatisfied.

You should also be aware, that significant emotional “ups and downs” are common after plastic surgery procedures in general;  make sure you are making decisions from an emotionally  stable place.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be a much better resource when it comes to advising you.

6 Weeks Post-Op Breast Augmentation

+2

I recommend you speak with your PS about your concerns. You're very fresh from surgery you could take them out and your breasts "may" very likely return to their original state. If you want to go down in size, you probably want to go down at least 100cc to see a significant difference. Again, speak to your surgeon and get their feedback. Your breasts will settle more over the next few months and you may end up loving them. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Best Way to Downsize?

+2

These can be the most difficult sizing problems. 

For new patients getting implants, I like to have them try on sizers. For patients getting larger implants, we have them use a "rice test" using rice in a stocking to get an estimate of how much larger they would like to be. 

Were your implants saline, you could partially deflate them in the morning of surgery and look at the size in a mirror. But they seen to be silicone.

My best advice would be to switch to moderate profile implants of approximately the same width as the HP;s. That would be about 270 cc give or take a size.  Explantation may be a reasonable alternative, but speak with your surgeon, who knows what was done and can actually examine you.

All the best. 

Changing your implants

+1

Even though I recommend waiting 2-3 months for the implants to settle, going down in size and going with a less high profile implant should give you more natural look.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Breast Augmentation and Downsizing

+1

I would suggest waiting at least 3 months prior to making a decision to exchanging implants. I have found that it takes at least this amount of time for the breast to soften, the implants to settle, and for the shape to look more natural. It is extremely rare for women to want smaller implants, but this depends on the expectations the patient has and the discussion the patient haswith the surgeon prior to the procedure. It can be a rather simple procedure to exchange the devices if that is what you wish to do, but again, at this point it is rather early.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Patients should wait several months before exchanging implants for different size.

+1

Is well known to take several months for women to become psychologically adjusted the breast implants. You may indeed want to go to a smaller size but I would wait several months before pursuing this. I don't think surgically there will be any difficulty.

Meeting expectations in breast augmentation surgery

+1

All plastic surgeons sooner or later get patients who have buyer's remorse.  I am sure that this has a lot do with body image.  Some women feel that they just can not adjust to the implants and that they look and feel unnatural.  It is at that point I ask the patient to step back, consider all the work and education and research that you took to get to this point.  More than likely it was not a spur of the moment decision.  The breast will change over time.  From my experience most patients then seem to settle down and begin to enjoy their new shape.  If you are totally unhappy then smaller implants can be used.   I have used the Vectra 3D imaging system for over one year and since that time in over 100 breast augment patients not one person has been dissatisfied or felt like they did not get the result that they wanted.  If you are determined then you can downsize or removed at any time.  It is your choice and I am sure that your plastic surgeon will do everything in his power to make you feel comfortable and help you achieve your goals.