I had rhinoplasty just days ago, but I have no bruises under my eyes. it is normal?

I was bleeding from my nose, but not bruising. I'm just afraid he didn't change a thing since my nose was very big.

Rhinoplasty surgery and no bruising

+1
It is not uncommon to not have bruising after rhinoplasty surgery. Bruising is different for each patient and you should have no concern regarding your results based on your bruising. Happy healing and best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

+1
It is always difficult to assess the final result in the healing process and without the benefit of an exam.

+1
Bruising is an individual matter and the fact that you do not have any bruising does not mean that the rhinoplaty objectives were not accomplished. There are a variety of factors that cause excessive bruising and there are many ways to reduce the swelling and bruising. Your surgeon may have used a medication called DDAVP which can reduce the bruising significantly, especially on patients who seem to have tendency to bleed or bruise excessively during the surgery.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
Consider yourself lucky some patients bruise a lot and some not at all.  It is the luck of the draw and is not a reflection of the final result

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1
Only your surgeon knows what was done in your operation.  Follow up with him to discuss the results of your surgery.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD