Down Time for Jessner Peel?

It was recommended to me that I do a series of 6 Jessner peels every 2 weeks over a period of 12 weeks. I am new to Cosmedix and am concerned that a total of 6 treatments may be a form of a sales thing and that many not be entirely necessary.

If they are, will the down time I experience be consistent from Peel to peel, or do you expect that it would decrease the more peels I have?

Downtime for Jessner's peels

+1

Generally, the downtime for a Jessner's peel is about 1 week.  I generally describe this kind of peel as a 'low to no" downtime peel as usually the peeling begins 1-3 days after treatment, is most significant for the first day after it starts, and tends to be much less after the first day.  The amount of peeling you experience from peel to peel may, indeed, vary.  What are your goals in getting the Jessner's peel?  Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, the package that you purchase may be appropriate.

Web reference: http://www.aglowdermatology.com

Chemical peel downtime

+1

Downtime associated with chemical peels depend on the depth of the chemical peel, preceding skin care such as prescription strength tretinoin, as well as individual variability. 35% TCA chemical peel may take 6-9 days, 10% TCA chemical peel may take 4-7 days, Jessner's peel may take 3-6 days, 70% glycolic acid peel may take 2-4 days, 30% glycolic acid peel may take 1-3 days.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Cosmetic_Dermatology.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Downtime for Jessner Peel

+1

The downtime from a Jessner peel varies from person to person. The average amount is 5-7 days. The downtime you experience after each peel may vary to some degree but not a drastic amount.

It would be helpful to know what you are looking to treat. This approach seems to offer quite a bit of downtime.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon