Will These Go Up or Down in Size? (photo)

I am post-op day 5. I told my ps that I wanted a full D cup but not much more than that. We decided on round, textured, high profile and under the muscle. I love how they look now but I nervous they will get bigger. Is this about the size I can expect long term? I had assymetry so he had to use more than 60cc between the two breasts.

Breast Implants Day 5 Will Go Down in Size

+4

Thank you for your question.  It is normal at postop day 5 for breast implants to look larger and higher on the chest than they will look after the implants have settled.

There is always postoperative swelling of the tissues which will go down with time and the implants will settle on the chest wall and more of the implant will be below the nipple than they are immediately after surgery.

Your result looks excellent.  When you have concerns and anxieties it is best that you discuss them with your surgeon who is the person in the best position to answer your questions.

Breast Implants Post op Day 5- Will they go down in size-

+3

You are very early postoperative still and your tissues are inflamed secondary to the procedure.  You can expect the swelling to begin to subside and your breasts to appear slightly smaller over the coming few weeks.  You won't get larger.  Wait about 3 months for your long term results.  You surgeon appears to have done an excellent job.  

Regards,

Dr Quinton Chivers

Quinton Chivers, MD, FRCS(C)

Concerns after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Based on your pictures, it seems like you are off to a very good start.

No one will be able to predict exactly what cup size you will wear  or whether the breast will look slightly smaller or slightly larger in the longer term. Variables involved include the presence of swelling currently and the disputed phenomenon called “dropping and fluffing” that occurs after several weeks. 

It may be helpful to you to know that many patients, shortly after breast augmentation surgery is performed, feel their breasts are “too small” or “too big”, only to be very pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

At this point, I would suggest continued patience and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.  Stay emotionally even keeled during the process of physical and psychological “adaptation” to the new body image that occurs for any patient undergoing body contouring surgery.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed, despite the somewhat arbitrary cup size achieved.

Breast volume changes little during convalescence after augmentation.

+2

As with any operation there is swelling in the breast after augmentation. As the swelling subsides there will be a slight loss in volume. Your worries about the breasts getting larger or needless.

Post Op Augmentation

+2

You are still very early after your surgery. it looks like you are off to a great result. Your implants will not get larger. You certainly have some swelling, which as it resolves will leave your breasts slightly smaller than they are now.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Will my breasts get larger?

+2

At 5 days post-op, they are not where they will be in 2-3 months.  They won't get bigger but when they settle, they will change a bit in shape.  Just follow your surgeon's post op instructions and continue with your scheduled follow ups. They look great!  Congratulations on your surgery and results! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size After Surgery

+2

The size of breasts one week after augmentation surgery is not going to increase. They will actually get a little 'smaller' as the swelling goes away, they settle and you get more used to them.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Will These Go Up or Down in Size?

+2

ONNLY DOWN! But appears as an early excellent result. Best to do close follow up with your surgeon. Good luck. 

Will breast implants go up in size?

+2

Thanks for sharing your photos.  I think your PS did a great job.  The swelling will subside within 6-8 weeks, it's still early.  Your size will not go bigger.  Its important to follow your PS's post -op instructions and be patient with your recovery.  If you are at any time concerned, make sure you speak with your surgeon.  Best of luck.

Vladimir Milovic, MD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast won't get any larger

+2

Thanks for your pic and ? Maximum swelling occurs at 72hours so you are past that point. Your implants will probably drop a little and settle out. You have a great result. If you required different implants to account for an asymmetry, your Plastic Surgeon did a great job. You should just get better and better. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD