Can I Go Down a Cup Size with a Breast Lift? Currently I Am 34 D and I Will Like to Go Down a Size.

Can I Go Down a Cup Size with a Breast Lift? Currently I Am 34 D and I Will Like to Go Down a Size. I am 37 years old, mother if two, 5'4 and 128 pounds.

Can a Breast Lift make you smaller?

A breast lift, or mastopexy, is a reshaping or contouring procedure. The size of the breasts is slightly altered (decreased) as the breast skin is tightened around the breast to lift it and reposition the volume of the breast. To obtain more significant of a reduction in the size of the breast, a plastic surgeon will remove breast tissue in addition to the skin. This would be a breast reduction rather than a lift. The amount of tissue removed can be customized to your individual goals and would be planned pre-operatively with your surgeon. 

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Decreasing Breast Size with Breast Lift?

Yes, it is possible to decrease the breast size during breast lift/reduction surgery. Communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon;  I think the use of goall pictures may be helpful.  Using cup size as a means to communicate your goals may be inaccurate and a source of miscommunication.

Breast Lift With Small Reduction

Many forms of breast lifts create the impression of a smaller breast but whether that would amount to a whole cup size is doubtful. But it would is very easy to remove some breast tissue as well during the lift to also end up significantly smaller if desired.

Easy to do small breast reduction together with breast lift.

Hi.

1)  Most women do best with a vertical (lollipop scar) breast lift, which does not rely on tightening the skin and gives good long term results.

2)  During the vertical breast lift, enough breast tissue can be removed from the underside of the breasts to make you one cup smaller.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast lift and size reduction

Dear Jackie,

Most patients will in my experience go down half a cup size just because of the lift. During the lift procedure, only skin is removed, however, the reshaping will have your breasts tighter and higher hence the small reduction in size. If further reduction is needed, breast tissue can be removed in a breast reduction procudure which will include a lift. You should have a consultation and evaluation for the same. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

You want a small reduction

Breast reductions lift the breast tissue and take some away, that is the right procedure for you if you want to go down one size and lift your breasts.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast lifting can certainly change the size of the breast

A breast lift or mastopexy can certainly make the breast smaller.  Different versions of lifts are available.  Some make the breast smaller, and some use an implant to make it larger.  I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can examine you and discuss options.   Best of luck!

Reduction can be done at breast lift

At the time of breast lift, tissue can be removed to reduce size.  If you are a 34 D and desire a C, that will correspond to 100 gram removal.  That certainly is easily achieved.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon